Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have looked all over the forums and everyone said the imrc box off the cougar and contour wouldn't work on the focus. well i picked an imrc box off the 99-02 cougar dtec 2.5l v6 and it works. the only difference is the cable is 2" longer than the focus one. don't let any dealership tell you it wont work because its on my car doing what its supposed to do. it works stop paying 150$ for used ones when they are 25$ at the junkyard. the imrc boxed of the dtec 2.5l v6 contour 98-00 just posting to help some of yall out because now its a cheap and easy fix its plug and play and bolts right up to the old spot on the svt focus if you have any questions just ask or pm me

·
Registered
293 Posts
wow cool to no as need to replace mine at the moment lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no problem pasta and yeah i was just putting it out there giving yall a few options instead of buying a 150$ used one or whatever they go for used 420 i wont pay for a new one if i can keep getting em haha

·
Registered
364 Posts
i have looked all over the forums and everyone said the imrc box off the cougar and contour wouldn't work on the focus. well i picked an imrc box off the 99-02 cougar dtec 2.5l v6 and it works. the only difference is the cable is 2" longer than the focus one. don't let any dealership tell you it wont work because its on my car doing what its supposed to do. it works stop paying 150$ for used ones when they are 25$ at the junkyard. the imrc boxed of the dtec 2.5l v6 contour 98-00 just posting to help some of yall out because now its a cheap and easy fix its plug and play and bolts right up to the old spot on the svt focus if you have any questions just ask or pm me
Any idea what the part number is?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Edited title to make this easier to find.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks sailor and its been on there for about 2 months no engine codes or nothing and to the other i have no clue on the PN i will look and post it on here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts