Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well anyways,

Was talking to my friend about import civics tonight and I was a major import fan so I know a lot about Honda Motors but in the end, got majorly bashed for driving a Ford Focus and got shot down hard because I drive a domestic now instead of my old 300ZX. Anyways, my friend brought up a deal about compairing the SVT performance to his Eclipse and because the performance of his SVT, he states the PZEV must suck as well.[?|] Now he will continue to go around thinking I am stupid and I know nothing about cars because I feel my Focus has potential. [mad] IMO, I feel the Duratec ZX3 has a lot of potential and can be faster than a SVT Focus. I took a look into it over time and it seems the SVT has a better transmission than the PZEV. I have a white 2003 PZEV Ford Focus and I have the Marcy Motorsport CAI with a Magnaflow Can w/ 2.5inch piping. I ran against him and I beat him, yet he wants to continue to deny that I did because he cannot admit to the face his Eclipse that he spent a few thousand on with name brands like Greddy and AEM cannot possibly be beat by a Domestic 4 banger.

I placed an order yesturday for the FC Short Shifter to help make my quater mile times a lill bit faster and soon going to get some rims and a drop. Soon after plan for headers, Throttle body, UP, and Cam Gears.

That buddy is now selling his eclipse and getting an older MR2 Twin Turbo. I suppose now I am doing my research on the car and I am going to have to see if I can take the car or not :). Anyways...I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions or uplifting words haha. I feel really happy with the PZEV and for the money I spent on it, I am running hella fast. I mean I just beat a 3 series BMW tonight on a quater mile run. I am happy with the car...just sometimes...I get the Domestic Beat down because I use to be a major Import supporter. Oh well...I suppose it all depends on who wins the race in the end.

~Turbo989~
2003 Ford Focus PZEV
Marcy Motorsport CAI
MagnaFlow can w/ 2.5 custom Exaust

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Tell your friend to suck a fat one!

Focus central recently did a comparison and installed 6 mods on a stock PZEV car. Check it out.

Those mods right there will liven up the car alot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dont even try to argue with a Honda Boy cause they are all ignorant when it comes to their car. And they think every car that is not a Honda is slow. Just last night after I got home from Marcy Motorsport with my header and cam adj. I picked up my girl and we headed to In and Out Burger some guys approache dwe when we got out of the car they were driving a Blue 01 ZX3 labeled Cookie Monster, and a Del sol, they had #'s on their car that they just returned from Palmdale. They asked if i run that and I said against what? They said a civic. What motor? They said single cam 1.8 and I started laughing I said no single cam Honda CAN TOUCH THIS CAR IT ISNT THE SAME CAR AS THAT BLUE ZETEC OVER THERE. So of course the guy talking [email protected]% didnt even have his car there. But was swearing up and down that my car was slow and he would put $1.000 on it. Now letsa do the Math here a 1.8 single cam is rated at 116-118whp even with all the bolt-ons and a stock head on that 1.8 he's puttin down 138whp at the most and dont forget 108wtq if he's lucky. You think I should be nervous with my 158whp and 157wtq of course. He thinks since I drive a Focus I know nothing about Hondas when I built an H22 for my Accord back in the day and a B16a for my Civic before. I just think its funny how people have no idea about this motor and are quick to assume even after I told the guy it was a 2.3 he still laughed. Anyway he said he'd run me at the track on the 7th for 3bills little does he know I'll have a surprise put it on the 6th (Venom VCN-2000) but I dont need it for him.[burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Just tell him his civic needs a turbo or a engine transplant just to run with you., then let him stir in his own juices.
Seriosly, the 2.3 has serious potential, look at what folks are getting out of the 2.0 zetec, the 2.3 is just starting to be played with.
The b18 hondas can rock with some good mods, they have just been around and developed more, but very few people actually have the work done, many are still running around with a d15 with a fart can...lol.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Some kid told me well even IF there was a 12 sec Focus, in the end it would still be a Focus. I'm like so what would that make you if you lost to a focus. The kid is lost for words. Domestic Compact bashing is all over town here in Buffalo. Then another one said that Focus drivers always dress their cars with APC and Bodykits and then are slow. Another said stock Foci don't touch 16's. I was personally told to take my NAAWWWSSS bottles out of my car. I am too poor to afford Silverstar headlights, so how can i afford nitrous. Anyways i guess my point is that the Focus is a focus, we love it. No one else does?[???:)] But be satisfied that when ur friends tease you cuz u drive a focus, remind them that it was a Focus that beat their car. My friends both drive a cavy Z24, they always get hated on for it. Until the FAST AND THE FURIOUS dies down, Civics, Teg's and eclipses will be better then any car out there[8] [8] [8] [8] Remember here at Focus Fanatics, we know what you are going through and we know what its like to have those kids eat their words.[thumb]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Who gives a F what some little punk in an import thinks? Enjoy your car, and destroy them at the track.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Egz said:
Who gives a F what some little punk in an import thinks? Enjoy your car, and destroy them at the track.
LOL.....what he said!

Don't let people get to you like that.[;)]

·
Registered
525 Posts
i don't really understand the talk of can a PZEV be faster than an SVT or a zetec faster than a PZEV...There are parts galore for all these motors (less for pzev), but enough parts that if you have the cash and some knowledge on what to put together, any of these motors can be beefed up...so I really don't see it as which engine you have, just what you've done to it...they can all be made to be real quick...and these honda schmos can eat my ass...

·
Registered
114 Posts
ILLINI zx3 said:
i don't really understand the talk of can a PZEV be faster than an SVT or a zetec faster than a PZEV...There are parts galore for all these motors (less for pzev), but enough parts that if you have the cash and some knowledge on what to put together, any of these motors can be beefed up...so I really don't see it as which engine you have, just what you've done to it...they can all be made to be real quick...and these honda schmos can eat my ass...
You dont get the point about different engines being better I think. The difference would be between a Duratec and Zetec that yes you are right with enough parts you can build a powerful Zetec or Duratec but it will take you a lot more money, a lot more to get the same power from a Zetec. I've spent $700 on parts for my Duratec that it took me $3,000 to reach the same hp number on my Zetec. Get it now! There is a reason they are replacing the Zetec. But props to all Zetecs over 150whp I know what you had to go through personally.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Way to be friendly there Skippy. I think what ILLINI zx3 was perhaps trying to say without actually saying it was that Focus owners got to stick together - we have enough people giving us crap as it is, the Focus owners shouldn't give each other crap for the engine that's in their car. All the various Focus engines have some choice of aftermarket parts available for them, the fact that you have a PZEV motor doesn't make you better than those of us with a Zetec motor.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
turbo989 said:

That buddy is now selling his eclipse and getting an older MR2 Twin Turbo.
Your buddy must really not know his shit cuz the MR2's are only single turbo, a twin turbo setup on a four banger is retarded.

Also last night there was this guy in front of me at the taco bell drive thru with an eclipse RS with an exhaust, euro tails with the carbon fiber wannabe look to em, and chrome hubcaps, and its also an automatic. Well he's held up by the light and I pull up next to him and he decides he wants to show off the awesome power of his car to his gf. Well we take off and my stock foci takes him.....he was sooo embarassed haha.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Woot, I love ya guys....thankx for the boost in comfidence! I love my focus a lot and I use to drive a Nissan 300ZX. My nissan was a 3.0 V-6 and my focus can rock it's world anyday. Thankx again for the uplifting comments!

·•¤^v¤ Ford Focus ¤^v¤•·
MagnaFlow Can w/ 2.5inch straight pipe
Marcy Motorsports CAI
Focus Central Racing Short Shifter

·
Registered
114 Posts
SVT4ME said:
Way to be friendly there Skippy. I think what ILLINI zx3 was perhaps trying to say without actually saying it was that Focus owners got to stick together - we have enough people giving us crap as it is, the Focus owners shouldn't give each other crap for the engine that's in their car. All the various Focus engines have some choice of aftermarket parts available for them, the fact that you have a PZEV motor doesn't make you better than those of us with a Zetec motor.
Read the sig "SVT4ME" I have a built Zetec and a Duratec, So do I think I'm better than myself........Maybe.... I was just explaining the difference wht people say one motor is better than the other, and yes I'm sorry my friend but the Duratec is a better motor. Now your login says SVT4ME so while you have a better car than a Duratec I'll definatley agree, but the Duratec has a better engine. Okay[thumb]

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I'm not even going to take the time to respond to that.

I changed my mind I will respond to that. Yes, I did see your sig. I'm glad you have enjoyed the new PZEV motor but it seems to me and maybe I'm wrong, that you're rubbing it in the faces of Zetec owners. You seem to have completely missed my point, which is that there is no reason for one Focus owner to look down on another because of a difference in the motor! Whoopteedoo, the Duratec is better, I hope you feel good about yourself. Manufacturers release new/improved motors all the time - is a Zetec now just a heap of crap because Ford came out with a revised motor?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would not say so. The Zetec also is a great designed motor and for the motor, it pushes as much horsepower than any other car within it's CC range. But like compairing the duratec and the Zetec is like compairing Apples and Oranges....one can think one is better than the other...and there are their own benifits in each area =)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow, talking about imports vs. the Focus...come to Hawaii to see what it is all about. Its pretty nuts here...more import than anything else. I like the variety of cars though...pretty nice. I think we need some more domestic power here though =)

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
ROTC1983 said:
Wow, talking about imports vs. the Focus...come to Hawaii to see what it is all about. Its pretty nuts here...more import than anything else. I like the variety of cars though...pretty nice. I think we need some more domestic power here though =)
Only now are domestic car companies making sport compacts with any power.

If its just power in general, I would have to say domestics still rule overall.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SVT4ME said:
I'm not even going to take the time to respond to that.

I changed my mind I will respond to that. Yes, I did see your sig. I'm glad you have enjoyed the new PZEV motor but it seems to me and maybe I'm wrong, that you're rubbing it in the faces of Zetec owners.

Once again I dont think you read my Sig, I own a Zetec and Duratec, let me say it again in case you still didnt read that "I HAVE A ZETEC AND DURATEC" So know I'm not rubbing it in my own face I cant reach it. This is a Duratec Forum not a Zetec Forum if you want to whine and defend your Zetec go into a different Forum. I own the Zetec and the only way to make it run is to change the engine IE: different head,or ported, pistons and rods/higher compression than it will run. [email protected] stock. That is why they dont make it any more they need a more advanced engine to keep up with the power output of the imports. At least you have an SVT though. Rember this is a PZEV Forum not a Focus in general FOrum.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts