Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to get a nitrous express kit with all the goodies. what i need to know is if you have to get your car tuned or do anything with the timing for a 50 shot. I really want to do this right so if you guys can give me some factual info that would be great. This is my daily driver and the last thing i want to do is ruin my exhaust valve or anything else.

·
Registered
189 Posts
On a 50 shot it isn't necessary to retard your timing. It is important to for a 65 and up. Make sure to only spray under wide open throttle and it's not a bad idea to only spray above 3500rpm also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
svtfocus_john said:
can i use my diablo flash tune with a 50 shot?
If you have an NA street tune, it probably advances the timing a bit and you definitely don't want to spray with that. See if you can get Tom or Hypnotic to do a nittous tune and download that when you spray if you are worried. It may be like 50 bucks. BTW, you can run stock timing on a 75 shot if your octane is high enough to support the nitrous. I have ran stock timing with a mix of 100 lowlead and 93 pump gas and it works like a champ.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
stock tune and 50 shot... sure.. been there and done that

aftermarket tune and 50 shot... prolly not a good idea.

aftermarket tune (non-nitrous tune) with On-Demand timing retard works with any size shot (my current set-up)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts