Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone pulled the thread about COSDEVSVT blowing the motor this weekend.....

that shit is really annoying and rude.......

If someone was unhappy with it besides COSDEVSVT.... who is the only other person that the thread involves , it should have been locked... not pulled.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Well.. all I know it wasn't me... WHat happened? THe one time I checked that post, I was reading about how to build up a bottom end... now its gone?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
wait if sombody complains than a thread is gone???

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i heard about that at the G2G at highbanks. Jon, you should have came down, it was an awesome turn out

·
Registered
378 Posts
Agreed why did it go away? Wow some blew a motor why not the rest of us learn from it and not have to learn the hard way. I guess that would be to easy and save us money

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Why was it deleted? This deserves an explanation.

·
Across the Pond
1,746 Posts
He's still trying to diagnose what went wrong.

This was quoted from the SVT Cams thread:
COSDEVSVT said:
#4 rod bolts let go (Eagle rods) ... trying to diagnose why.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Noted ^^^ Odd of everything that could go wrong that is the cause

·
Registered
456 Posts
I didn't complain ... had no issue with the thread. I'd rather we all learn from it and keep the personal attacks to a minimum ... no offense taken on my part.

I have no problem with ARP bolts ... but IMO they weren't sized properly to the rod. A brief summary of my rod bolt investigation thus far;
* OE SVT bolts - 9mm (0.354"), no taper
* ARP bolts used in Eagle rods - 8mm (0.315") shoulder under the head, tapers to 6.5mm (0.254") and then expands to a 8mm thread.
* Cosworth rods - ARP 3/8" (0.375" or 9.525mm)
* Crower rods - ARP 7/16" (0.4375" or 11.113mm)

The ARP 3/8" and 7/16" might taper too, I still need to check.

I can provide a comparison pic of the OE SVT bolt, Cosworth bolt, and Eagle ARP once I pull an Eagle bolt from my engine. I'm hoping the broken bolts are still there and the ends aren't too pounded so I can try to diagnose the failure mode.

I'm sure the OE SVT bolt isn't as high quality as the ARPs, but I bet it is within 20%. I'll take size over a higher quality of material anyday.

For best accuracy, they should have been installed via the stretch-measurement method too ... but I didn't have the proper tools for that (most of us don't I imagine) ... I will now. Installed them via torque wrench.

Should have done this homework before ... live and learn.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
COSDEVSVT said:
I didn't complain ... had no issue with the thread. I'd rather we all learn from it.
Thank You.... if you remember at the track I told you I was gonna post it and I wasn't going to play favorites[:D]

If this would have happened to Tom... I would have rode his ass alot harder[:p]

·
Registered
456 Posts
I see your fuel issues might have been a faulty TPS ... I hope it was that simple. Understandable how that would be easy to overlook.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Really sucks that the thread disappeared. I thought you two were getting along great. In fact I had three windows open and I thought one of them was that thread because I was typing another response. Then POOF!!!!

Maybe one of those little smiley faces came be and ate it. Kinda like the whammies used to do.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
YES!!!!! Whammies!!!!!

No whammie... no whammie.. no whammie........ STOP!

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I still would really like an explanation from the moderator that deleted the thread as to why they deleted it.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told.....

--------------------------------
It had the makings of drama regarding the nature by which it was posted. I don't mind drama in the general forums but hate it in the world facing forums.
---------------------------------

Personally I have seen ALOT worse threads go on alot longer without any action taken towards them.

How about this...

COSDEVSVT would you like to start your own thread on this... stated in your own words about the mishap and keep us posted on the progress of your diagnosis???

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
I thought the thread was fine and was simply reporting on what happened at Mid-Ohio? [???:)] I certainly didn't see the potential for any drama, nor did I see any one attempting to create drama...

This thread is turning into drama though. [hihi]

·
Registered
147 Posts
I once took a course called Drama
Where I starred in a Play
As a llama.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts