Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving when the engine blew. turns out a valve stuck and put a hole in the number 4 piston. they are saying that due to lack of lubrication it seized and they wont cover it under warranty. i have 53,000 miles on the car and i have owned it for a year and a half. there was no warning, there was no light. one minute it was fine and the next minute it was not. If someone on ford is on here and is able to help me please please please reach out to me. I cant deal with this right now. [:(!][:(!][?|]

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
Need to establish what caused the 'lack of lubrication'................that can be from more than one thing. Either done by Ford or the owner.............

·
Registered
466 Posts
do you have ford receipts from oil changes? or have you been doing them yourself? and if you have, do you keep all your reciepts from that?

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
Agree with all thats said above , Ford has to be able to prove what failed was something you didnt do right or did something wrong

I would go to who you delt with and look at all the parts , take pictures and ask for a analysis of what they found and what they feel caused it in writing and why they feel its not covered under warranty

Tom

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they said that it was caused by lack of lubrication and they are deciding that because my oil change receipts are to far apart that clearly it is negligence. which is rubbish

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is a bit of a long shot but another avenue to explore might be the oil manufacturer/blender. Some have various 'warranties' for their oils, or, what I have seen in some cases is that if the vehicle manufacturer says it was the oil that caused the issue, they will work directly with the vehicle manufacturer to force them to prove it (i.e. meaning it was the lubricant's fault); maybe just to help with a little extra pressure from another angle.

·
FF Affiliate
30,152 Posts
they said that it was caused by lack of lubrication and they are deciding that because my oil change receipts are to far apart that clearly it is negligence. which is rubbish
So there saying you went to many miles between oil changes , How many miles between changes and what oils was it you used , The Mobile1 Extended Performance I use sais 15,000 miles between changes , I dont go close to that but ?

Tom

·
Registered
36 Posts
Owned the car for ~a year and a half and has 52K on it............

Fine...but let's see the oil change receipts or oil receipts period. My guess would be an automatic warranty decline based on maybe 0/1/2 oil changes in that time period.

BTW, just because an oil mfg. says yada yada between oil changes, doesn't mean you have any ground to stand on with the factory warranty..sure try going after Mobile or someone that states that but most of them have disclaimers that state to "follow your Mfg. schedule".

You don't have to have an "idiot" light to say low oil................and it sure isn't going to say..."hey change me because I haven't been changed this year".....(or pushing it past oil reminders if equipped and beating on the car), You could have an exact amount of oil in the engine but it may be gummed to heck and just give out.

All for someone getting something fixed if it's right but there seems to be iffy maintenance here.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Not enough story for conclusions, used car or new when purchased?

Lots of miles if it was a leftover '13 purch. in Dec. '14, you'd need 5 oil changes min. for the 53k miles.

If used, can't guess the miles since purchase. Could be a very short maint. record, only one change based on time required in the year and a half if the miles are low enough since purchase.

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
I ran into people who NEVER changed oil in a new car EVER and then they got terribly upset when the engines began to knock from torn up. It happens...........some people just live in a vacuum. Then they get all upset when the car does what they do...........If you want warranty service you'd best stick with those OEM oil change requirements, no oil company will pay for engine renewals. All those numbers conflict for a reason, to get out of things. American business at its' finest.

This OP sounds like most of them, or both ends at fault to some degree.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts