Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
I bought 2002 SVT used almost 2 years ago. I love the car since the frist day but there was some noise that coming from the front suspension but it was still in the acceptable level at that time. Now this noise getting louder everydays, not only when the car hits bumps or pothole but even some bouncing this noise will come up. I already checked with sway bar link and it seemed to be tight. Im planning to change strut bearing but not sure if i can just change only bearing or do i need to change the strut mount too?
Please advise what else you think it would fix this cheap nois, it sounds like some kind of shock spring.
PS: Car has about 7xxxx mile and never done any suspension work.
Thanks for any advise

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pls help with suspension noise. Im sick of it!

Hi Guys,
I bought 2002 SVT used almost 2 years ago. I love the car since the frist day but there was some noise that coming from the front suspension but it was still in the acceptable level at that time. Now this noise getting louder everydays, not only when the car hits bumps or pothole but even some bouncing this noise will come up. I already checked with sway bar link and it seemed to be tight. Im planning to change strut bearing but not sure if i can just change only bearing or do i need to change the strut mount too?
Please advise what else you think it would fix this cheap nois, it sounds like some kind of shock spring.
PS: Car has about 7xxxx mile and never done any suspension work.
Thanks for any advise

·
Registered
433 Posts
might need new shocks/struts, a few new bushings, basically any noise coming from the suspension usually means it needs to be replaced so you prolly just need a new suspension set-up

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Hmmm. I was able to pull it up again.

Well, regardles...
Just hit the "SEARCH" button, and key in "front suspension noise" <<<....(yes, use the quotation marks as well)
There's a bunch of threads that will pop up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts