Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my car a week ago, and i wake up (well was woken up) to find this shit. I'm on kind of a busy street, so i'm keeping my eyes open. But does anyone have any ball park figure on repairs?

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Holy crap dude. That sucks major balls. Brand new too. I would see wat the insurance is gonna say. Hey... Maybe your car is still under the dealership insurance which they provide for a month. Just a thought. But good luck!

·
Registered
580 Posts
That sucks, I used to park on the street at my parents house and always feared I would wake up to my baby being smashed by a school bus or trash truck.

Hopefully they'll just have to replace the door, but I'm sure that won't be cheap.

·
Registered
122 Posts
After being pissed, I think I'd just break down and cry, if that were me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
To drive a car off of the lot dont you need full coverage??? If that is the case then your covered, exept for the deductable. dude that really sucks good luck.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
if its brand new i believe your required to have full coverage for financing/leasing..that def sucks dude, good luck with getting it fixed... no idea what happened?? cuz it doesnt quite look like someone sideswiped it

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like someone back into it...maybe check your front door neighbor's bumpers
Or Looks like someone hit it with a baseball bat...maybe you have some enemys out there?

Good Luck with that dude

·
Registered
262 Posts
I also think that someone backed into it. I'd be watching anyones cars coming and going from across the street. Also check with any neighbors, maybe someone saw something or heard something. I "HATE" people that do damage to someones car, then just drive off like its nothing!!!!!!!!!! People like that are real a-holes! I feel for ya! I'd be really pissed off too!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Wow man that sucks bad

·
Registered
26 Posts
would have never happened if ford would have left the trim strips....

Nah but in all seriousness dude, you're lucky its just the door and a little bit on to the quarter, a little bit further back and your talking $3k to fix that. Does the door open?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Wow.... that.. that just SUCKS

·
Registered
500 Posts
Damn man sorry to hear that happened, I worry all the time when I park my car on the street at my girls house. Cant wait to see her in better shape!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea it sucks, I have full coverage, it's just a pain in the ass. I'm in the Marines and i leave in two weeks so its a pain. The street is pretty busy and it got backed into.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i hate people that park on the street, they are always in the way in my opinion. HOWEVER, i would never go as far as doing this to someones car. its prolly gonna be one of those repairs that cost an ungodly amount to fix, but insurance may bail you at, that is if you deductable is low enough, most people have a 500 dollar deductable, but if you plan correctly, then ive seen some with 250. even with a 500 ded. thats gonna be cheaper than what that door is going to set you back out of pocket.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
People have to park on the street or would you rather have them park their car in your front yard? Anyhow, that is a pretty substantial damage and it had to have been backed into. If you didn't move your car before you took those pics, I would be knocking on the door of the house across the street. That's why I try to stay away from driveway entryways, but sometimes you have no other option but to cross your fingers and keep peeking out your window every three seconds.

One final note, even if Ford left the door strip on, there's no way in hell that in would have prevented this. The center of the hit is right beneath the door handle.

Good luck getting that resolved brother.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
my brother sorta had the same thing happen to his 01 SE. He was parked on the street and he came back to his car and the rear door was smashed, someone backed into it and of course just took off. But his wasnt a week old, i would of been pissed like you and probably would of cried.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i lowered my hit-and-run deductible to $100 just because of S[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] like this, sorry to hear about that ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys. All the estimates i have are between 1400 and 1800 dollars. I'm pretty sure my deductible is 500 dollars, i'm calling today. The street is real busy, and our driveway is full. So i have to park in the street, and what sucks is i usually park in front of my driveway but it was taken so i park down one. And surprise. I asked the people whos driveway it was lined up with, but so many random people just use these driveways to turn around i'm afraid ill never find out who did it. [?|]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts