Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 2012 SEL like three months ago with 92000 miles on it. Tried taking it to Ford at like 94000 miles to be told that none of the parts are under warranty. So I continued to drive it with quite a few transmission issues (sometimes wouldn't go into reverse or literally had to take my foot off the gas to get the car to shift) and then finally at 100,000 miles the transmission stopped working all together. So then I had no choice but to send my focus to the dealership and come to find out the TCM was still under warranty. So Ford went ahead and replace the TCM and the car felt basically brand-new. Mind you the previous owners had already changed the clutch once and a TCM had already been changed once. Now it's starting to shift roughly and almost going back to the same problems I had before so I went ahead and went to the same ford dealer to be told that I was probably the clutch and that's like a $2,000 fix. Well if it was the clutch that needed to be fixed why was I told that none of the parts were under warranty the first time I took it in, then I would have been able to get the clutch replaced again. This car has become such a frustration for me. Any advice as far as seeing what is going on with my transmission since the dealership I take it to is refusing to just check it for me without charging me and I bought a 2012 in 2020 so I don't have that kind of money just laying around. Looking into arbitration but just really want the remedy fixed please help thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I bought my 2012 SEL like three months ago with 92000 miles on it. Tried taking it to Ford at like 94000 miles to be told that none of the parts are under warranty. So I continued to drive it with quite a few transmission issues (sometimes wouldn't go into reverse or literally had to take my foot off the gas to get the car to shift) and then finally at 100,000 miles the transmission stopped working all together. So then I had no choice but to send my focus to the dealership and come to find out the TCM was still under warranty. So Ford went ahead and replace the TCM and the car felt basically brand-new. find you the previous owners had already changed the clutch once and a TCM had already been changed once. Now it's starting to shift roughly and almost going back to the same problems I had before so I went ahead and went to the same for dealer to be told that I was probably the clutch and that's like a $2,000 fix. Well if it was the clients that needed to be fixed why was I told that none of the parts were under warranty because had I take it in then I would have been able to get the clutch replaced again. This car has become such a frustration for me. Any advice as far as seeing what is going on with my transmission since the dealership I take it to is refusing to just check it for me without charging me and I bought a 2012 and 2020 so I don't have that kind of money just laying around. Looking into arbitration but just really want the remedy fixed please help thank you
Good luck, them transmissions have plagued them for years...you didnt know that before you purchased? Bad clutches in them. Sorry, maybe new transmission?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
The only 'remedy' there is another car.

Those cars were junk when they rolled out of the factory and common knowledge for many years. Five minutes searching would have revealed it instantly online. What happened to OP is what is being replayed all over the country as everyone who ever owned one is trying to find somebody less informed to unload the cars onto.

Somewhere in there is a rock solid college thesis on the comparison between Trump and those cars and how something can look good at the same time it is utter garbage. Alternative facts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This is the gift that just keeps on giving. How many more car buyers are going to be scammed into buying a car that Ford knew was junk before ever being built!!

I'm sure the original purchaser did not buy another Ford... and now I'm sure ZAXH313 is no longer thinking about another Ford.

Ford should have bought all these back and crushed them.

·
FUBARCUS
7,773 Posts
This is the gift that just keeps on giving. How many more car buyers are going to be scammed into buying a car that Ford knew was junk before ever being built!!

I'm sure the original purchaser did not buy another Ford... and now I'm sure ZAXH313 is no longer thinking about another Ford.

Ford should have bought all these back and crushed them.
And as they made mid-year changes went back to a traditional slushie automatic. Not like it would have been hard consdering the Escape has a tradition automatic trans in a FWD configuration based upon the same platform. Hell that would be too easy.

Same goes for the Fiesta.

Reactions: aca2983

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,520 Posts
Sorry you had a bad experience. Maybe investigate your purchase a little more next time.

·
Registered
271 Posts
And as they made mid-year changes went back to a traditional slushie automatic. Not like it would have been hard consdering the Escape has a tradition automatic trans in a FWD configuration based upon the same platform. Hell that would be too easy.

Same goes for the Fiesta.
They could have put in the 4-spd AOD from the 08-11 and most buyers wouldn't notice or care. It's a tragic shame.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Dude, sorry. Pay the dealer for a diagnosis. Sounds like your only option, other than throwing the car in the trash.

·
Registered
16,453 Posts
Diagnosis for what?, the cars are broke and will stay that way with only a short respite at best. Ford itself cannot fix what is now an admittedly faulty design. A few people luck out but the exception to the rule there.

Time to find another sucker.

Reactions: pbfoot
1 - 9 of 9 Posts