Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new and just wanted to show my new / first car.

A little about the car and my self.

Im 17 and live in charlotte NC.

The car is a 2001 5spd focus zx3 with 86k miles

Plans I want to get coilovers and lower it and get new wheels. And maybe a new exhaust.

If there are any sugestions of what I should get parts wise ( nothing rice ) or any clubs around charlotte that would be great[:D]

Ill post pics soon

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Welcome to the forum. [welcome]

You picked a good first car. Want to see some pics as soon as you get them up.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Great looking car. Looks like your car has already gotten a good start with it.

Now, here's a quick list of things I would do to it plus the things you already suggested but remember that this is just my opinions and its your car so have fun with it in your own way:
Paint the black trim pieces the same color as the rest of your car
Get a matching drivers side SVT mirror
tint the taillights, side indicators, a front turn signals
And maybe get new headlights or paint the ones you have in an SVT style

What ever you do, keep it clean and make it your own.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks =D and i noticed you guys belong to Hatch Nation. how could i join? and any opinions of what i should do next to this car would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
welcome mane looks good!

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Wow. That is clean for a ten year old car.
Although I'm sure you washed and waxed it as soon as you got it home. [:)]
Welcome to FF.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Great first car! I hope you enjoy it and I will look forward to seeing progress :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Welcome, thats a very clean car ya got there.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Thats damn clean, I remember when mine was that clean, LOL. Coilovers would be awesome but can be costly. If your on a budget and I don't know any 17 year olds that aren't. Go with some lowering springs and some performance struts, you can easily get a 2" drop with that combo which is perfect for a DD. As for rims I wouldn't recommend anything bigger than 17s or you'll half to do some fender work witha drop. As for the exterior go with what you like not what everyone else wants you drive it and half to look at it everyday you choose. There are ploty of examples to see and drool over on here I'm still learning what I like myself. Good luck and welcome to the site. I'll look forward to some progress.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice Clean car!!!!!!!! I had an 01 ZX3 I'd do suspension, wheels, exhaust & Intake and then work on the cosmetic stufff.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Depending on what color wheels you get, the trim might look nice black still, (If you run dark gray or black wheels.) Definitely a clean car to start with tho!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Depending on what color wheels you get, the trim might look nice black still, (If you run dark gray or black wheels.) Definitely a clean car to start with tho!
I agree, i like the black trim. I wish mine had that on it.

Im trying to fix up my engine now but im going to find some lower trim like that black and put it on my car i like the way it looks alot.

Like that other guy said, find another SVT side mirror. I didnt see that till he pointed it out but it looks different now that i see it.

All ide do is tint and put a wing on it. Maybe wheels later as you get the money. I wouldnt lower it though.

I wonder if its so clean because its an SPI?

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
as stated before, nice clean car man. if ur lookin for an exhaust, a lot of people like the borla exhaust on the focus. no ricey tone to it, but its a lil pricey. for a cheaper option, look into trubendz. they use their piping, but other manufacturers mufflers so, its a lil cheaper. welcome to FF man and have fun!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i also want to get spacers for my wheels after i lower it so the wheels stick slightly out under the fender. idk just a thought

1 - 20 of 26 Posts