Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but my 03 FOCUS LX doesnt have the mounts for them on the front bumper, is there anyway i get them installed without buying an expensive bumper

i love my focus its the shitttt

THANKS GUYS =)

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
yes ...what you need to do

check your car for to see if you have the pig tails already installed. if not its not that hard to wire some in. ( I can tell you how to do it)
new headlight switch with the fog option... swtich out new for old
lower grilled that has a spot for fog lights..

hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. can u give me some help with this, like where i can buy the grill and shit.

uhmm and what a pigtail lol. idk much about cars, but im tryin to learn, i love them

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
Yessir.

What your going to want to do is acquire the following:

Lower grill for fogs. (get one used on here or try rock auto)
Fog light housings (got mine on rock auto for 10 bucks for both)
Headlight switch with fog option
893/899 Bulbs
Relay for the under hood fuse box. (it will go into the R13 slot)
Then just check your interior fuse panel and make sure theres a fuse there for the fogs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
appreciate it man. im hopin to get my focus sticking out a lot more around where i live. i see them all the time. but theyre all stock and the drivers dont appreciate it

FOCUS FOR LIFEEE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EYY MAN rock auto is awesome man. thanks.

im gonna have my uncle help me out with the foglights and shit. I WANT YELLOW FOGS..

but for now should i get yellow halogen bulbs for the headlights?

whatchu think?

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
I'm going to be honest with you here...

If you want fog lights just for looks then by all means spend the money on some stock '00-'04 ZX3/ZTS fog lights. These fog lights don't light up crap, period. They can't even serve as daytime running lights either since you have to have your low beams on to run them (unless modified).

If you want a functional and OEM solution, the SVT Focus front bumper kit is your best bet. Unfortunately it's not cheap. But it does come with a sexy front bumper (unpainted), fog lights, horn, lip, and lower grille. The only other thing you'd have to buy is the light switch.

Additional modification was necessary on my old ZX3 because the fog lights on the SVT Focus model are out wider to the sides. I had a "Ford Genuine" body shop handle the painting and install of my bumper. They had to extend the wires for the fog lights a tiny bit to get everything hooked up properly.

My grand total bill (including purchase of parts) came out in the mid $800 range.

Bottom line, coming from a stock 2002 ZX3 with fog lights versus SVT Focus fog lights... there's NO mistaking that the SVT Focus comes with real, functional fog lights. I personally wouldn't waste my money on a set of ZTS/ZX3 fog lights. That's your call.

Here's what my Focus ended up looking like in the end. Totally worth it, IMO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive thought about it, im not gonna waste my money now. Maybe later on when i have some extra cash. Ill get them. But id rather do some other work on the car.

Id like to buy an shortram intake

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "First Generation Ford Focus (2000-2007)"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts