Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had my Focus for over 2 years now. I haven't really liked any of the hatchback spoilers I've seen, except for the Cervini (expensive, and stops at year 2004 - I have an 05). Then, in an auto mag, I saw this drop dead beautiful Honda Fit, tricked out by Mugen for the 2008 Tokyo Auto Salon. And instantly I knew - THIS was the spoiler I want!!! I love how it does NOT stand up taller than the vehicle - but comes out from the back instead. I love how it's overall shape compliments the shape of the car. I love the black contrast to the yellow (yeah, my car's yellow). Black would be fine, I'm not hooked on fiber. So I've now spent several worthless hours searching for a spoiler anything like this. Heck, I can't even find THIS Mugen spoiler. Has anyone seen a spoiler/wing anything like this, maybe adjustable so I can angle it towards the back??? [bigcry]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Definitely NOT my style! But to each his own. I suspect that unless you saw it in an ad it may have been custom made - car show material...

·
Registered
10 Posts
That spoiler was custom made for that show I saw it in a Honda Tuning mag and they had wrote "Don't expect to be seeing this spoiller in production unless the Honda Fit becomes a rally contender"

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cervini wing

I didn't think the hatch rear end changed in 05. Just saying, the expensive one should fit...
Thanks. Well, crap. $345 (for Cervini), plus some godawful shipping charges, I'm sure. I may never get that one. Ah well, my search continues. Please, if anyone has seen anything close to what's on the Fit - lemme know??

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that spoiler on the fit would be way more $$ than a cervinis
I was kinda hoping to find something with a similar shape and way of mounting it; you can find no-name spoilers cheap. I've just been striking out so far on this idea. I knew the Mugen would be expensive too - I'll happily settle for a fiberglass knockoff!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steeda wing

roush spoiler sticks out the back, the steeda does alittle also.
Thanks slickzx3! Are you talking about this Steeda wing for the Mustang? I agree, it's got potential for what I want (I haven't found the Roush one just yet).

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steeda rear wing

no he probably meant steeda focus.
Oh! And thank you, killer ZETEC, I haven't seen this spoiler before, and the Mustang one was the first one I came across when I searched on Steeda wing. So here is the one for the Focus, by Steeda. I do like this one too - it doesn't drop down on both sides as far as the non-selling Mugen, but it could be my next best thing. $200 (Steeda) is better than $350 (Cervini) for me...

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roush Ford Focus Upper Rear Wing

And since I'm posting pics (in case its ever of use to anyone else looking for this kind of info) I'll post the one I found of the Roush wing. I didn't really like this one (although I appreciate the idea!!) as it doesn't seem like a separate wing at all to me, it just extends the top of the roof backwards, kinda sorta. I'd still like one closer to the non-selling Mugen, but the Steeda is my most likely choice at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
worst comes to worst you could make it yourself. People over at fiberglassforums.com do it ALL the time. I head over there every now and then to see what's up. Until I started looking at it all I would never have believed how easy, in theory, it could be to make your own stuff. I plan on learning eventually. I've got a lot of ideas. You could make your own fiber one as well I suppose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts