Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after months of waiting i finally got my turbo kit, yea! right wrong!!!! come to find out that their is something seriously wrong with the oil inlet on the damn turbo. the fitting doesn't work and nobody can help, me not jeff, not atp turbo, not even home freak'n depot. Being as i'm in the army i don't have much time to schedule and do things of that nature. i did mange to go to a local speed shop to get it and now i'm working on the leak.
i had it planned out:
last weekend- intercooler install
today 3 aug 06-oil pan and lines
tomarrow-manifold, injectors
saturday-tune
this dilema is a real kick the balls
the issue is that the fitting is very specialized because it has a pin hole that allows just enough oil in, so that you don't flood the turbo and cause issuses/ the ones you get a home depot are straight through. the kit and extras has caused me to go broke and now i don't even get to enjoy it.
And to boot, when i was installing the intercooler i noticed a little oil leak coming from my tranny. Now b16sir installed a clutch and flywheel for me a while back, and it only make sense that something had not been tighten well enough, or something stupid like that. The only advice i was given on that was, "well sometimes tighten will makes things worse"/ after that no further information was given, and no response to pm.(sorry had to do this) now i have a transmission that is leaking fluid, and a damn turbo kit in my room with the intercooler mounted. Oh god why can't things have gone easier for me on this.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Kyle, i cant believe that you even remotely think that installing a clutch has anything to do with your leak at the trans. Theres nothing on your trans thats unbolted to cause a oil leak at the trans. Ask anyone that knows what theyre talking about and they will tell you the same thing. I told you that overtightening any of the case bolts could make it worse. Thats true in many cases. Keep in mind that taking your trans out has nothing at all to do with any of the trans case bolts what so ever. The only remote thing that could possibly leak after a clutch install could be the axle seals if they were somehow damaged while taking out or installing the axles. I assure you that i did the job properly and IF you had a problem with the axle seals, i would have at the very least sent you a new one so it could be VERY easily fixed! YOu spouting like this is very unlike you from whay i have always seen, and as far as a PM, i have replied to ever PM i have recieved. Anyone on this forum knows that i reply to everything i receive. I have always prided myself on helping you guys and especially anyone i have worked for. I told you the truth when you asked about tightening the case bolts and i still stand behind what i say. For your info, almost all the svt 6 speeds have a slight leak at the case, mine does the very same thing and has a ton less miles on it than yours. I just cleaned it up today as i took 1/2 a day off to lube the energy suspension bushings on the rear of my car. As i had it in the air, it showed a slight leak at the case and has for about 5k miles. I really am disappointed that you would even think of throwing this in my face. Call around to any dealership you wish and ask if any of the info i have just told you is wrong.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey,the leak is just icing on the cake. you know how i am, and how i go about things, hell i even said sorry in the thread! that is not even my main concern its the damn fitting. sorry to that you took it that way. getting really stressed about this turbo thing, i go to get lauren in a week and if this isn't done by then my ass is grass.i guess i just need a hug, didn't mean to throw anything in your face, no hard feelings?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ok, no problem, but what is with the fitting?

·
Registered
666 Posts
its not a fitting that goes on the side of the head right behind the coil is it? Thats how mine is and I dont remember it being restricted. I assume this is for oil feed, so where are you trying to tap for oil?? There is a torx literally behind the coil on the side of the head (drivers side of the head) very close to the rear most torx bolt that holds the coil mount braket. THAT is my oil source for Toms kit and it *might* be the same for you. Give it a shot and report back.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the fitting on the left is the one that fits, but doesn't have the needle whole end that is needed for the turbo. and the one on the right is the ONE that is suppose to fit says the supplier of the turbo and componets!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
also on the waste gate their are 2 holes one on the top and bottom, which one do i use to connect to the turbo?? oh yea sorry to jack my own thread

·
Registered
523 Posts
w/ the wastegate use the bottom hole. who make the turbo? contact them about the fitting.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i did do think that help me in the least, he told me the damn fitting from home depot was good enough

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If your leak does happen to be the axle seals, just remember that they are catalogged backwards in the Ford part system (left for right. right for left)

I had a leak in my right side axle seal after the Stealership did my clutch TSB, and had a heck of a time getting the right seal, B19sir got me the right one, after we figured out the backwards number thing..

Sorry about your bad day, but in defense of B19sir, everything he does is so meticulous and careful I have a hard time believing he caused your leak. You probably do have just as he described.

Try Ace Hardware instead of Home Depot/Lowes for specialty fittings like that, they seem to have a much better selection for bits and peices like that. I know exactly what type of fitting you are talking about, and I've seen them used for something other than a turbo, but for the life of me I cant remember what.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Fitting:

Do you have a Hydraulic shop in your city?
If anyone's going to have the fitting you need, they certainly would.
Look for:
Hydraulic Equipment Repair
Hydraulic Equipment and Supplies

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
went to a local speedshop it took 3 different fittings and a26 bucks but i got it. but i have to delay getting it tuned by a week

·
Registered
356 Posts
well atleast your in the military... gives you a chance to follow through on the thread title :) Give those bastards in Iraq some of your pain! hehe

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all in due time, i might get throw a dman motrin tablet at one of them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts