Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to put in my new template today for my gauges and the frekin needles poped off wit out warning! my mph and rpms and everything is off =( i need serious help please!

CAR IS NOT ON AT ALL V

WHEN CAR IS ON V

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
They're little black peg-looking things that just going into the holes right at the last line on your tach, and right below the 10 on your speedo.

·
Registered
406 Posts

pull the needles up like the speedo is going up put it in and let it go they are spring loaded and do the same for the tach

·
Registered
656 Posts
He has an 05 so it doesn't have needle stops.Im pretty sure all year Focus that have the Duratec up to 07 do not have needle stops i know for sure 05-07 do not.The gauge faces he got are universal to fit all years up to 07.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Ummm, then how else do the needles stay in place at idle?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You were already told how to fix it in your other thread.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184233
I take it you got the type that supposed to slide over the needles.Most people get the ones where you have to remove all the needles and original faceplate and then replace the needles with one of the procedures described in your other thread.Your going to have to remove the needles and follow those instructions to get it right are you will just waste your time trying to guess where to put them.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
He has all the info needed on another thread he started. He's going to get the same exact info as the other one. All solutions and threads are already answered for him.
RepinCali, you keep making different threads asking for the same thing over and over. Stick with one thread and take the advice.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont know what to do when the little thing says test. i dont know how to scan through or anything

·
Registered
656 Posts
I dont know what to do when the little thing says test. i dont know how to scan through or anything
When you get to the RPM test you will know because the numbers will be constanly changing.You hold the trip reset button in when you start the car until it goes into test mode then you let go.Then you push it one time to get to a different test mode you repeat that to you find the RPM'S.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok i got it started. everything should be working but the spedometer. In test mode. what is the spedometer called?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ok i got it started. everything should be working but the spedometer. In test mode. what is the spedometer called?
Test mode will help you do the RPM needle and after you get that set turn the car off .Then follow the procedure in the other thread on setting the speedo.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts