Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i've decided im getting a procharger supercharger for my focus buying it off of another member here on the forum comes with all parts needed for the supercharger setup.
the budget is $6000 minus the price of the supercharger and tune i figure i should have maybe $2250 remaining may put this into visual mods depending non the results of suggested parts.
My questions are
what other mods can i make to get more power out of my car while adding the supercharger?
im not going to use nos, not trying to rebuild the whole engine at this time, and im loking for driveability

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
car is stock except for a flexback exhaust

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm assuming the kit comes with the injectors and tune then? You may want to consider an upgraded clutch and LSD for ultimate performance and to put all that power down

·
Registered
798 Posts
Not sure what the Procharger Kit comes with for the focus, but I would look into their intercooler if it doesn't have one. Not even sure if they make an I.C. kit for the Procharged Focus. Also, check out a good header. Once you can get air into the engine efficiently, then you need to get it out efficiently.

Also, a few gauges to watch things like: Boost, Oil PSI, Wideband A/F, etc... couldn't hurt either.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I would get SVT header, SVT ORP, and 3" Exhaust.

If your forcing in all that extra air, you have to get it out.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I would definetly look into atleast a clutch, maybe a flywheel and LSD if you have the extra cash. An SVT header and HFC or ORP would def free up some ponies. Keep us posted when you get this rolling.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
At least a Stage 4 clutch, LSD, 3 in exhaust, 60lbs fuel injectors, SVT Header (Tom has my Ford Racing SVT coated header, if you want to by it from me. I can have him ship it out to ya.)

5.7 Over drive pulley, and the 2.55" pulley to give you a total of 15pis.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I vote LSD and clutch, and if any money left over exhaust.

In purchasing the unit and having it installed, i highly recommend a/f wideband at a minimum, but boost and oil psi also.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
LSD and clutch.

then a header/exhaust setup.

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
definetly getting a header car is too quite right now with just an exhaust, i have to get a tune but i figured the tune into my price of supercharger and it comes with a front mount intercooler and is producing 10 psi boost. clutch and flywheel do sound like a good investment.

·
Registered
305 Posts
You may want Limited slip diff also...otherwise you are going to have some traction issues...you will anyways but not as bad.

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
will have to see might do at a later time or if i have more moeny then im expecting after they take the taxes out of my bonus.

·
Registered
305 Posts
will have to see might do at a later time or if i have more moeny then im expecting after they take the taxes out of my bonus.

I was just thinking since you had to drop the trans anyways to do the clutch. But it can always be done later. GL with it.[headbang]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
you definitely don't need a stage 4 clutch!! ur not going to be making 500 wtq. if ur on stock internals, you won't need more than a stage 1 as they can hold 250 wtq, though i would go w/ a stage 2. if you want to get crazy, go w/ a stage 3 or 3+, but there is absolutely no need for a stage 4 clutch!! unless of course you plan to do an exotic build in the next few months and will be ditching the procharger as it can't make even close to that!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
yep...stage 1 or 2 max clutch and I vote for SVT brakes and suspenssion, rather then any visual stuff....

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
IT will be worth your time while you ahve the clutch being replaced to do the LSD....and lmuch like everyone else said get the SVT header and ORP.

Did you say if it came with injectors and etc....

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
do i need the mafia for 10 psi of boost possibly higher depending on if i get bored and decide to up the boost, also what injectors would be recommended to use

1 - 20 of 52 Posts