Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have timed my car so many times its not even funny. i keep getting the p1381 and p 1383 codes. I have done everything possible to try to get this thing timed. even tried (COSVT03) FIX AND STILL GOT THE CODE P1381. is there any good shops in socal?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
How are you trying to do it? I didnt think you could do this without using an SCT device or something? [???:)]

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I just did some googling and see that the SVT is very particular about the VCT and you have to follow Ford guidelines exactly to get it right without throwing those codes. Did you ever get a manual or buy the timing tools? I realize I'm adding insult to injury but I saw your previous post and this is not the kind of thing you want to do half assed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the tools thanks to pumpkinsvt and everthing was followed to the tooth. still nothing

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
So what's the deal? Did these codes come up all of a sudden? Or did you do a timing belt change and now the codes are coming up?

If the timing belt is OK, have you checked the VCT solenoid? It can take a poop and throw those two codes.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am near san bernardino and will probably be in rancho cucamonga tomorrow. In addition to my being close, I have just done the timing belt on two ZX2s in the past week. They have the vct to deal with as well. PM me if you want to give it a try

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tom shoot me a pm with ur number and it is wierd a sware my bar goes back in place my pin is in place and still cant get rid of the advance code. it only comes at idle then makes my power start to bogg

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using the massive bar and pin (150mphzetec) if u wanna give it a shot.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Replace the Cam Position Sensor.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
Obviously the cam position sensor is working or he wouldnt be getting these codes and getting a cam position sensor code

Dont go throwing parts at it hoping to fix the issues

704-249-3745

I am sure the plate you have is fine and that your 99% correct on the way your doing it , the VCT on the SVT is just a real pain in the but

The ZX2 VCT you could stand back and throw the belt on it and it would be right WAY diff then the SVT

Tom

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
When the bar is in place and the pin is in, you install the belt clockwise to keep from turning the crank. Once it is in place, then you tighten the tensioner, then the cam gears. I'm assuming you didn't do this........exactly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat right now with the same codes popping. Timed and re-timed the SVTF many times. Even had a few guys that work at Roush come over to make sure and i'm still having problems. This is why the design of this VCT was done away with after the SVTF was over. I have a feeling the only way to solve the problem is to get rid of the car.

·
Registered
624 Posts
......The ZX2 VCT you could stand back and throw the belt on it and it would be right WAY diff then the SVT
Tom
not really true, the only real difference is that it is on the intake cam rather than the exhaust. They still need to be rotated the same

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat right now with the same codes popping. Timed and re-timed the SVTF many times. Even had a few guys that work at Roush come over to make sure and i'm still having problems. This is why the design of this VCT was done away with after the SVTF was over. I have a feeling the only way to solve the problem is to get rid of the car.
lol, the new mustang has twin vct

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
The ZX2 / SVT VCT need to be install the same but the ZX2 as a TON more deg before it causes the VCT over / under advance code to come on and ita a HUGH amount

This means you can be way off on installing the ZX2 belt vs the SVT belt and why I stated you could stand back and throw it on

If either of you have one of my tune I would like to play in the tuning softwar to see if thingscan be changed (I have found 3) to keep the performance and proper use of the SVT VCT and not have such a short window before it causes the over / under advance code

Tom

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i tell u what send me ur tune and a programmer and we will play with it hahahahaha.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I have news for you the Focus will see not only 1 VCT but 2 vct gears in the coming future on the Duratec engine

The VCT is a great idea that allows you to run HUGH cams and still have bottom end take off and good driveability

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts