Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so im installing a widebody kit on my car as we speak, it puts the fenders out an xtra 2inches.

now im wanting to get some new wheels(stock aint going to cut it!) and well with the wide flarings, im kinda wanting to extand the wheels out a wase, and maybe get some slightly bigger rims,

so heres my goal, i was going to go with tires that are only a bit bigger then stock (24.3 inch high) and then some rims that will stick out well, 2 inches would be nice ifi could get it..... but i doubt i will.

and right now the only choices i have found so far are some 16's and some 17's they have realllllly wide tire on them and also have a really low offset.

which from a looks standpoint would look REALLLLY nice

BUT im am also wordered about them hitting on my fenders...... if i go with rubber only a bit biger then stock ( say 24.3inch high) then just how much farther out can i have them out before ill have hitting on hard corning?

if anyone can give me a hand it would be AMAZINGLY helpfull, my father and i have spent all night lookinf for rims!

MANY thanks to any one who can help!

levi

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heh, if i wanted i could make them, (i have full aceses to a rather well equied machen shop, 4 axis cnc center, large horisontial and a rather nice cnc lathe, will do about 40" parts and such)

however my father and i kinda thought against the things, cause well when i said it, everyone at are shop looked at me like i was crazy, maybe i am ?

anyways, im mostly worded about it wearing on the rims, no point it sticking out far if its going to rub it to pieces, spacers or not.

also ther eis BIG mistake in my first post, i thought the the 205 number was the diamter of the ruber from tread to tread

however i havefound i am to be WRONG! and i ment to say i was wanting tires thated only be slightly larger then stock larger from tread to tread diamter

my bad i will also edit my first post.

thank you for bring the spacer idea back to mind, i could use them in show for example (heh my dad likes it to btw )

levi

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
try looking for other four lug vehicles and search for rims for them- older civics, accords, jettas, etc.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Why not use the RS wheels? Thats about the same width as the RS body.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you said something about RS wheels? for the RS body? care to tell me more? im intrested, ill hit google, but it hates me :(

we already did the difrent car thing, only old mustangs, (93 and older) and the only wheels i could find were 15's about 8-9 wide and UGLY as sin to me....

so thats the only thing i found, but with them being so wide, they dont stick as far out with the low offset, or something like that

i still kinda all lost and cofused with the wheels, but i need to know how big they can be before they hit,..... casue if they hit it aint going to work....

anyone know how far out wheels can stick????

much thanks to those who have posted!!!!

levi

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
tirerack.com has the best price that i know of. They found out that they cant sell them unless you have a widebody kit.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so who is steve? lol but ill give the ma call, think i can get them with a 0 offset and 17x7?

but yeah, i looked and only one RS wheel had a wide offset(35) but i didnt care for the look a whole lot.....

but ill give steve a call, cause i do liek the wheels above,

and man you keep posting as i type this :p

levi

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OH i gotcha, yeah goign to have call um forsure thn

uh jsut how wide body?

im looking at 2 inches !!!

but thank you, ill be getting info on that asap

levi

p.s.

THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
or give axis wheels a call, they have wheels just for fwd widebody cars, axiswheels.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well boys and girls, i got some wheels!!!!! we went to a large local tire and wheel shop.

and the guy helped us find wheels, we simply went for 93 mustang wheels, as they are the right lug pattern, and have the offsets im looking for.

this guy was a badass, we found some wheels, that looked just like i wanted, and it said they were 5 bolt only, but the guy called the dealer place and checked and they had the things in 4 bolt 108mm

so we ordered 1 wheel for fitment, and then are going to get the other three if all goes well, and to boot there 16x7 and with the rubber we are looking at they will be an inch shorter then stock, so it will help my accletration over stock ill have to get a spydo done but hey, no biggy,

as for a pic, because we were loking through broshers, it might take me awhile to find a pic or a link. but i will post if i find um!

oh they were $170 for silver abd $250 for chrome, i went with silver, looks better on red IMO

tank you guys for the many links and tones of help!!! and if i have fitment problems ill be sure to post back ASAP

thank you again

levi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts