Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is very reliable and thrifty, but Im getting a little bored with it...Im tempted to buy a Kia SOUL....any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I love my S. Modify it and you'll love it. Trust me

Wait, if u have an evo, use that for fun. I love the boost on those 4b11.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I guess I see a car as just a transportation device. It gets me from point A to point B. Simpler is better.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Mod it!

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Ahhhh!! Don't get a Soul! Or if you do, make sure it is 2012 or newer!!!

That was on my list of cars when I was shopping as well but they are more bling than anything else... It was not fun to drive nor was it thrifty.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ahhhh!! Don't get a Soul! Or if you do, make sure it is 2012 or newer!!!

That was on my list of cars when I was shopping as well but they are more bling than anything else... It was not fun to drive nor was it thrifty.
What he said. The new Souls have the 6 speed transmissions, the pre-2012's had a crap 4 speed automatic. Gas mileage wasn't too good. Think the 2012's get about 3-4 mpg more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my S. Modify it and you'll love it. Trust me

Wait, if u have an evo, use that for fun. I love the boost on those 4b11.

Ok, so what suspension mods would you suggest, Im tired of all the body roll, squat and dive when accelarating and braking...
Yea the EVO rules but its not my DD...Im on the road all week in the Focus.
Thx!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
definitely a sway bar and maybe lower it some. i dont think the dive & squat you can eliminate completely. its just weight transfer w/ motion from front to back through acceleration & braking. maybe you could reduce it but idk... someone can correct me im sure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a fully loaded SES and wish I had the plain "S" model myself!. The SES is ok but all those accessories get distracting. O Well at least its paid for

·
Registered
357 Posts
Maybe a rear sway, rims and tires? I think if you added a rear sway and maybe some better rubber you would enjoy it more. I have an 09 SES with 17s, and I love it in the corners.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
FRPP, 21+mm rsb, tires/wheels. It makes a world of difference, im still surprised at how well I can keep up with much more expensive and faster cars in the twistys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I think I made up my mind, Im going to sell the Focus and just use my EVO for my daily driver. That will eliminate 1 car payment and state inspection and auto insurance costs. I dont really need 2 4 door cars.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
That is actually a good choice. Hopefully you dont decide to use the extra money on mods for the Evo and make it a not-so-street car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is actually a good choice. Hopefully you dont decide to use the extra money on mods for the Evo and make it a not-so-street car.
haha no way Jose...no mods, I want the EVO to last and in my opinion it is fast enough already.
Id like a mitsubishi outlander sport though :/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, heres the latest if anyone cares, I advertised my Focus for sale and got only one inquiry. I test drove a couple cars and will be trading it in on a 2011 Mazda 2 this wednesday if all goes as planned. I couldnt believe how well the 2 handled!!!!! Also the shifter is magical... instant fun!
I also test drove a Mazda 3 and it felt almost identical to my 2010 Focus, I was very surprised.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
well, the 3 is pretty much a focus

and the 2 a fiesta

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile yep, they are!
And the shifter had better be good, because with a little over 100hp, your going to have to use it a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Posted via FF Mobile yep, they are!
And the shifter had better be good, because with a little over 100hp, your going to have to use it a lot.
The Mazda 2 felt surprisingly quick and its a lightweight car, 2350 lbs, so 100hp is plenty.
I owned 2 different VW Rabbit diesels with 48hp and 42 hp and got along just fine.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
The Mazda 2 and Fiesta share only 4 parts. The Mazda is tuned for handling and is several hundred lbs lighter than Fiesta. Totally different engines also.
i didnt say a it was a part for part car.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts