Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that they where rated for 251hp on the SVT, then I saw one today and the person said they where only putting down 227whp. Whats with that? Is the HP they claim from the crank. Doesn't the JRSC+BBK claim like 225 or 220whp on the SVT?

·
Team Shocker #2
1,776 Posts
The horsepower that they claim is at the crank. A Jacksom racing with the BBk will probably put you around the 200 hp mark at the wheels.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do dynos measure crank or wheel? I was always under the impression that it was wheel.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dussin said:
So do dynos measure crank or wheel? I was always under the impression that it was wheel.
there are two different types of dynos. one has engine on a stand in a sealed room and measures HP and Torque at the crank. This is how all engines are rated from the factory. other one measures at the wheels.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I was correct than. I have seen Dyno's of the JRSC+BBK making 225whp. And now the Powerworks makes 250 at the crank and possible 230 at the wheels. I hope some one can clarify this, I am just confused I guess.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
My friend's SVT with Powerworks put down 253 at the wheels at a dyno day we had.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did notice on the Powerworks press release that the 251HP figure was obtained on an "engine dyno". I bought the kit because the CFM website advertised it as putting out 251HP at the wheels, but I am finding that that is not the case. I would expect that with a proper dyno tuning that 250WHP would be about right, but not with the base Powerworks tune.

·
Registered
115 Posts
With the mail order Powerworks tune, my SVT puts 227hp and 188 tq to the wheels. With a custom tune, I would expect around 250hp and 200+tq.
Remember that each car is different, and the base tune has to be safe enough for a number of variations.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
put on a bigger exhaust and i bet you'll gain the power easily. maybe add an exhaust cam/cam gear as well. or wait until the BBK they're releasing soon

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Iggmasta said:
The horsepower that they claim is at the crank. A Jacksom racing with the BBk will probably put you around the 200 hp mark at the wheels.
frush was around 230-250 on his i think but of course the JRSC isn't intercooled so it go BOOM[8]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get a Mustang GT MAF and a custom tune and 270whp is possible. I have put almost 10K at my current level and have been to the track many times with no problems.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
scorpio1118_2000 said:
I wish I could say that I was getting #s like that but they dont make it for the duratecs yet, you guys are lucky.[bawling] [scream] [bigcry] [?|] [:(!]
Yeah but you guys get cosworth parts for cool n/a builds, and that makes me jealous. You guys are lucky too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts