Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 wagon. i really want to build a second motor to put in my car after the warrinty is up. Occasionally I plan on hauling a small utility trailer. I drive 20k+ a year on commute. so i want mileage too. is there a better block year or are all the zetec motors the same?

·
FF Affiliate
31,146 Posts
Welcome to FF

For what your doing there all about the same , It sounds like you would be better off modding what you have and keeping good service on the engine in your car

Tom

·
Registered
636 Posts
Hey Buserbono, welcome to the forum. I did what you want to do...I have a wagon which is now my DD and I bought an engine off of someone to build up. It really doesnt matter what year since you plan on building it and I'm guessing that means taking out all the old and in with the new performance stuff... you can see used engines on here for super cheap...I gave my old one away not too long ago. If I were you I would get the engine, a haynes manual and start buying performance parts lil by lil as you see good deals come up on here (Used and New) and before you know it you will be ready to slap that bastard in there and have a lil smile on your face. Good luck and ask plenty of questions there are alot of excellent people on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts