Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old foci that I traded for a mustang blahh..

And my new Foci that I just got today :D

and yes there will be tons of mods coming :D

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
Looks good. What do you have planned to do to it?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
looks stock but nice

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i'm gonna do the usuall bolt ons and a minor tune.. maybe when I get another car for a daily i'll decide to turbo it. but I plan on for sure in the next couple weeks ordering 6000k HID's for my headlights and Foglights..Intake.. and a Muffler for now.. but no honda muffler I want like a borla or something.

·
Registered
889 Posts
lol just get a better set halogen [:D], sn4ck i can post some pics again just to give him an idea how bright and nice halogens can be :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
don't let ppl give you shit about HIDS. If you want them, put them in. It's your car

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Do what YOU want. If you want them get them. Nice car by the way, is it a Zetec or 2.3 L Duratec? I know they came out with the 2.3 L in 03 in certain states jut curious if you have one now

·
Registered
159 Posts
The main reason is not a good idea to put HID in the stock assembly is because there will be Lots of glare, and it will for sure distract people whose driving the car front of u or on the opposite side.

We put HID on my buddy's focus' stock headlight, and now everytime we do cruizin together, I always opt to follow him in the back of his car, not front. The light & glare plus the reflection on side mirror annoy the driver in front of his car so much. Possibly can be very dangerous.

*But again, it's your car. Just thought to share you my experience with HID in stock assembly (since ur asking). =)

Anw, Welcommee!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yea, that's what I would have to say as well. It is your car and you should do what YOU want as it will display and make a statement about YOU and not others.

However, I can't even count the number of people i see driving around with HIDs in their stock headlamp assemblies. IMO, it makes it look cheap. If you are going to put HIDs (something that is nice) I would do it right and make it really shine (no pun intended)
I have HIDs in my car right now but no projectors. It looks nice...when I am driving. But, I don't like the way they look from the outside. That is one thing I am looking to change.

The projectors themselves look nice also. I have hi/low HIDs in my GTI which were stock so they have projectors. They look nice as well since they are sypherical and such. Different angles that light hits it at makes it pretty neat and such.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
cool man...nice car.

put HIDs where ever you want. nice car. good luck with the mods

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Congrats and welcome back... There are Stock HID headlights that Blink me all the time.. so I say go for the HIDs.. what else do you wanna do to the car?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts