Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol im comited to tuning my focus. i called up ray and im gonna spend some big cheese my whole top end is coming off. im getting a 2000 ported intake mani, mafs, screamin demon coil pack, 24lb injectors, fr head, esslinger cam gears, fr cams stage 2 i think, crowler springs and retainers,and my diablo chip sent back and getting reburned i think too. ok so basically all my top end stuff poof outta hurr. i think i mentioned everything. so now my question is do i need to build up my bottom end at all people? what benifits does building a bottom end do me?

is building the bottom end of my motor real expensive?
thank you all for helping me understand the stuff that im getting to some degree. i apprieciate all of your support everyone who helped me in hurr. tank you
focus mike

yea but see if you can answer those questions^ that would be kewl

·
Registered
697 Posts
yes it can be pricey.

get a set of high compression pistons and crower forged rods, and if you got your full exhaust and intake done hteyn you'll be making nice numbers

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to take sandro down my ex-foci ryder. he used to own a focus then got a gt mustang. though i may not beat him i will keep up with him hehehe thats all i need to be happy. yea focal im doing this cause i love to build up underdogs kinda like me. i like to shock people when i walk them hey wtf that focus just put the beat box down on me. focal i do it cause its my passion and i love the feeling of it. i got 15.6 qt mile i want a 14 sec focus ray said it can be down without striping my car down for weight. focal are you supporting me threw this we are supposed to be fwiends right? lol ; ) mr.ford tech man give me the down low on dis whats going on with my car after i get all this done?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sounds like a good plan ya got, get it dyno'd when your done if possible.

focaltech said:
No need for building internals, what are you going to do, you don't race right?

Why are you doing this btw focus mike?
So he Can have a fast focus up in Hurrr, And smoke his playas! (did i do it right?..)

-shawn

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
You will not beat nor keep up with a GT with those mods.

You may get a high 14 like a 14.9 or 14.8 but will still lose to a GT.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a good garage shop localy. why?
yea you said it right fo shizzle im gonna have a fast focus up in hurr mang lol
ray told me sandros stang is like mid 14's he has a 5 speed convertible. 2002
so if ray is right and i hold my focus down at the strip like i do cause thats how i do theroritlcly i can hang with him. sorry im trying to be more smarter lol using big werds lol i cant spell that good but im trying???? my brain huwts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I will tell you again, if your friend isn't a complete moron you will not be able to beat him. That car will run mid to low 14's stock.

What else is done to your car as of now?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
check out my profile that will save me a lot of writing and yes i will have dyno sheet since im sure everyone is gonna wanna know what my car is dynoing at. since this is kinda like a all focus family site i will be comfortible dishing out my digits for all ya to enjoy

·
Registered
382 Posts
you tryin 2 hard gangsta ya gota let it flo so your sayin your focus aint gona be slow thats alot of dough...lol sownds like fun

i dont really talk like that well some times

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
itz time to ryme you know you get paid more than i dime so bring out your focus in rain or shine if you wanna race me your gonna stay behind cause im not kind. this time imma take it to the top and stop....look at all you haters you aint evar gonna be true playaz so bow down to the all mighty cause his ways just arent righty mikey ohh yea out flo dat playa lol not bad for just going of the top of my head.

ok seriously um lets go back on subject. so when i purchase all this goodies im not gonna have to work up my bottom end at all right?????
is my bottom end gonna be able to handle the modifications of the top end of my car?
focal you know im new to dis and im trying real hard to understand and im doing real good with it. so whats up am i gonna have a safe motor to race with with factory internals ex. pistons and stuff????
i like the hks i dont understand what you said "Oh I thought you had one now, of your currrent mods."
you know what happens when we battle about hks and borla so lets not start its on my car thats where it stays!

so help a brotha out mang my motor is safe right??? after i go into the shop and come out. also why did you ask where im getting this done? do you know anywere in chi that is good besides ams and auto worx?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
your bottom end will be fine with those mods... oh, and with the hks you will easily lose several whp with this set-up.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
because of its design and pipe dia.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts