Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today makes two weeks that I have had my car. I have 415 miles on it. This morning on my way to work my check engine light came on. I stopped at the local dealership (Smith Ford in Conway). They told me they couldn't get my car in until 3 p.m. That's resonable they looked pretty busy. I asked could I leave it there and take a loaner. They told me they didn't have any loaner's left. I know good and [censored]ing well that my owner's manual says that they have to give me a loaner. They insisted that my car would be fine to drive to work and bring it back there at 3:00. Who should I call?[:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [?|]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is it the dealerships that loan out the cars? If they are indeed "out" then they should call Enterprise or something to hook you up with one. That sounds really strange.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SVT provides the re-payment for rental vehicles to the dealer. Dealers have the option of providing a rental or one of thier "lot cars".
I always call my service writer a day or 2 in advance to let him know I'm coming in as a courtesy and to make sure they'll have one available. (so far I haven't had a situation that required an immediate trip to the service dept.)
One other thing is the fact that normally a C.E.L. doesn't nesessarily mean you have to sideline your car right away so you can give a "heads up" to the dealer and set up an appointment.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: I contacted ford vehicles dot com. They called SVT for me. The guy from SVT called me back to let me know that he had contacted the service manager at Smith Ford. He will be coming up to my place of business to pick up my car and bring me a loaner. I told the guy at SVT that he should have told them to bring me that Cobra they have sitting there for a loaner. He laughed and told me he couldn't promise that but to let him know if any thing else wasn't to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I work for a road side assistance company, and usually the dealerships are to give a loaner car, and if they can't then the almost always will reimburse you for a rental. Sometimes your Road Side package will give you a loaner or rental car as well.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jpickles said:
I work for a road side assistance company, and usually the dealerships are to give a loaner car, and if they can't then the almost always will reimburse you for a rental. Sometimes your Road Side package will give you a loaner or rental car as well.
Yeah but if you have an SVT they are required to give you a loaner, no ands/ifs/or buts about it.

UPDATED: UPDATE: The service manager has called me back and said he won't make it by noon, but will definately be here before 2:00 b/c he has to go get a rental for me at Enterprise. [Censored], I was really wanting him to bring me that Cobra. LOL.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yes, they better give you a loaner car. Just like hotfocus said (and I see that you already did). It helps to call and bitch to a company. I had to do that lots of times with Dodge when I had a Dodge of course.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yes, the dealer is supposed to give you a loaner for all repairs, excluding oil changes. They are also supposed to wash and vacuum the car, unless you request otherwise. As a matter of fact, this service is listed on the window sticker, and included with the price of the car.

It seems that when Ford started to allow non-SVT dealers to sell SVT's these dealers are for the most part, clueless. This is due to a lack of communication from the GM to the sales and service staffs.

I have encountered this twice, while traveling. The dealer has to be "Blue Oval" certified to sell SVT's, but I guess that designation doesn't mean much after all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They really sucked

my dealer sucks ...i left my car once, when i picked it up i noticed that one of the wheels was all scratched ...took it back to get it fixed....7 days....and i had to give a 250 dollars deposit to enterprise.....that sucks!!! why i cant get a depositless loaner..????..and by that time my horn was like cold symphtoms...they changed it....and again same thing...and the worst part..they scratched the back bumper!!!!!!!!
SOLUTION:.....THEY GAVE ME A TOUCH UP LITTLE THING AND BYEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
they suck.....I'm gonna find another dealer...by the way who can i talk to let them know what happened to me....HELP ME OUT!!!!!! THANX AND NEVEER TAKE YOUR SVT TO MY DEALERSHIP...e-mail me and Ilet u know what dealer it was.!![?|] [:(!] [?|] [?|]

·
Registered
132 Posts
jollyjohnj said:
I know good and [censored]ing well that my owner's manual says that they have to give me a loaner. [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [:(!] [?|]

It does say they are required to give you a loaner car... However also says "IF AVAILABLE" if all there cars are out or reserved... Sucks to be you!!!

[8] This one is interesting!

·
Registered
80 Posts
REad the manual, it doesn't say "if available" in mine. First 2 trips to the dealer I got no loaner, when I asked they didn't know what I was talking about. I had to contact SVT to get one the THIRD time I went in for repairs. Today my car is at a different Ford dealer for service, and they too had to be told I need a loaner (the car is 60 miles from home - the loaner was really important.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts