Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
So mote be it
8,889 Posts
Bose is almost as bad as Beats by Dre![histerical]
all about the marketing... give me a set of Sennheisers or Audio Techicas any day. I'm still rocking my old set of HD497's, I've given a listen to some Beats and can not enjoy their sound at all. Eventually I want to try out a set of HD598's or A900X's but not many places around here will have them in store, let alone both of them for a comparison.

Our current setup is for home theater is some B&W's in 5.1, 50" Samsung plasma and I have my HTPC hooked up to it as well for blu-ray, flacs and mkv's.

There was a guy on fj who was really into home theatre, had some great martin logan stuff and a real sweet setup. If you are curious go find his thread, his name is Hocky. Cool read

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Avsforum is a great place for info. Some of those guys have full blown theaters. One guy is in the process of building one underground for soundproofing.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Yep hock had some good stuff!

·
Registered
64 Posts
JVC RS-15 Projector
Dragonfly 106" fixed screen
Denon AVR3310CI Receiver
PS3 for gaming and Bluray
Xbox360
Klipsch RF-82 Fronts
Klipsch RC-62 Center
Klipsch RF-62 Surrounds
Klipsch RT-12d Sub

The pics were taken before it was totally trimmed out and cleaned up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We're not huge sound fanatics, so what we have, works for us. No need to blow any ear drums, but it sounds nice

Living Room:

Samsung 43" Plasma
Samsung Air Sound bar w/ remote sub
Custom HTPC

Who needs Cable...

Basement:

Panasonic 52"
JVC 5.1 Surround speakers
Custom HTPC

Again...who needs cable.

And also in the basement, if we want loud, just for the sake of loud, I can always turn these on behind the couch area, and the 4 others around the basement...

·
Left Lane Warrior
3,946 Posts
Finally have a sub.. in a non-conventional way. Got a new car and don't plan on putting a sound system in it. So my Polk Audio DXi from the old car is now in my living room.

Had to pop the sub out of the box and wire the coils in series for 8 ohm (originally parallel for 2 ohm). Powering it with an AudioSource amp connected to the sub pre-out on the reciever.

I've been avoiding getting a sub because I'm in an apartment, but my neighbor has been super loud lately so eff it.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I just picked up a 7 series Sharp 60" Aquos Quattron 240hz LED LCD and so far am impressed as the first movie we watched on it last night was Life of Pi and the colors were amazing.
The rest:
Sony ST-DH810 receiver
Dish Net Hopper
Energy Take Classic speakers with powered sub (I was concerned about the small size but they still overpower my 12x15' den area)
PS3
Wii
Sony DVD player/recorder

Sorry for the crappy pic.
[/URL][/IMG]

In the formal living room it's kept simple with a 46" Sony Bravia LCD,LG BD player and a PS2.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I've been running a onkyo old school reciever that I got used from a friend who repaired it.....and my surround sound never sounded so good LOL

41 - 56 of 56 Posts