Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Alright boys and girls all of us at Team Octane would like to invite all the Focus Fanatics members out for some AutoX presented by the Windy City Miata Club. It is held at the schaumburg flyers stadium for this event and will be a blast. This will be happening rain or shine.

Date: Saturday August 27th
You can pre-register at http://www.windycitymiataclub.com/signup/autox_reg.htm
Please put the "chicago garage" in the message field and put down class R. They're going to put us all together.

You need to be there around 8am if you want to have enough time to prep your car(psi check,unload, or whatever) and we'll race till 4 or 5. We ask that you not leave early because you work the track when not racing.(this is why its so cheap). Cost is $35.

This is alot of fun in any car. Even if your car is not traditionally setup for stuff like this it is still a blast and it helps you out alot in learning to control your car.

Any questions lemme know

-Zack Flagg -

[email protected]

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
I would love to be there. And I'm pretty sure that I don't work that weekend.

As long as my paycheck isn't crap, which I don't think it will be, I shooouuuld be able to make it. [headbang]

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to be there. And I'm pretty sure that I don't work that weekend.

As long as my paycheck isn't crap, which I don't think it will be, I shooouuuld be able to make it. [headbang]
tits!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
well you have sparked my interest on this, first thing is if I was to go I'd want to come up on a friday cause I wouldn't want to wake up at 4:30 and make the trip, second what are . there requirements on clothing and do they provide helmets. third will there be any trophies or awards given to the winners?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
clothing, I'd just wear jeans to be on the safe side, I'm not sure if there is a requirment dress code, just wear shoes!
Helmets they provide but if u have your own bring it, its kind of gross sharing sometimes.
Awards are 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ribbons, it's not to exciting but it's cool they do some type of recgonition.

At this you will work the event that's how they keep the cost of this down. But its nice, you'll have 2 heats usually, then 2 breaks, and 2 working shifts, it's very simple

·
Forced to move on...
6,916 Posts
I'd love to go in my new car to see how it handles, but I'm working that day [:(]

Y'all have fun and get lots of pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts