Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its on!

Ok its on.. April 17th(its a saturday), 04 We will meet in orland at hooters (maybe unless you guys have a better suggestion) eat, then drive to route 66 dragway, it will be $25 to race and $10 to watch there will be unlmited runs and we can stay there all day and play!
Heres route66's site
http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/cgi-bin/r.cgi/r66/index.html

So who will be able to come? if you have better suggestions let me know! route66's site has directions and all, if you dont want to meet a hooters you can just meet at route 66
I will update here with times and such

This is all weather permiting, ifs its snowing or somthing then Im gonna call it off, lol

-Shawn

·
Registered
26 Posts
me and my bro will definately come he has a zx2 tho and neither of us have done any mods but we love to look at awesome cars so we will be there

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry about PM'ing you guys(Im pm'd all the Illinoians i could) but no one was really looking here so I had to get some attention somehow!

If you guys are on other forums or anything make a post about this (have them roll over to FF if they have any questions)

Later, Shawn

·
Registered
7 Posts
XxDRIVERxX said:
Sorry about PM'ing you guys(Im pm'd all the Illinoians i could) but no one was really looking here so I had to get some attention somehow!

If you guys are on other forums or anything make a post about this (have them roll over to FF if they have any questions)

Later, Shawn
Thanks for the heads up, Shawn. I just might be able to make it. I'm brand new to the Focus scene and it'll be nice to meet you guys.

Later,

Mike

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
I'm so in! :) I already called off work so they can't bitch at me.. :) hopefully I have my intake by then or any other mod I could use...I know my cars slow as shit....now my question is....should I show off and keep the subs in or take em out and drop a second or so? lemme know :)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good, Glad some people are gonna be able to come!

Avenger- I dunno im taking out my spare tire and stuff :D

Is everyone down with Hooters in orland though? I was just thinking its hell driving there, and parking might be kinda cramped if we get alot of people (we might have to park a little bit away if we want to stick together assuming we have more then like 10guys, since i dont think you can reserve parking spots, lol)

-Shawn

·
18,832 Posts
I just realized...the 14th is a wendsday :) hey I'll chill anywhere .....I like olive garden the best though lol :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'm down...As long as I'm not apartment hunting in Dearborn that weekend...but I can make sure to do that another weekend...I haven't done anything performance wise to my car but I think it'll be fun to drive it on 66 anyways...I'll see if my buddy will come, he might sick out surrounded by foci with his '72 Buick GSX (455 ci V8 500+ ft-lbs)...but it would be fun to watch that beast tearing down the track...

Orland Park is kind of a pain to drive through...maybe we should throw up some suggestions...I'll try and think of a couple...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I should be able to make it but orland park is pretty far away from me, havnt been out there since I played hockey.

·
18,832 Posts
its cool....huh...maybye we could meet somewhere close to northwest indiana so its like a 5 min drive for me ;) j/k I don't think either me or derek mind a drive...there is a hooters in scherrillville or merrillville by the street we gotta take goin down there anyways, but its kinda small....theres also like a hell of a lot of restraunts over there and theres an exit from 1/65 over there as well so if some people wanted to take the expressway... well if any more suggestions lemme know

·
18,832 Posts
I should say the road all the stuff is on...its route 30...goes right into 1/65....

·
Registered
525 Posts
between orland park, indiana, and bradley/bourbonnais...I gotta say orland is the best option...Indiana would have most of us driving away from route 66, so that might not be the best option...same with BB...even though I am coming from south of BB, I think most people would end up driving past 66 to get down there, so then they'd be driving back up to get there...Just a thought...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya you got a point, like avenger did, I just said bradley cause its a 5min drive :D But if we eat at orland that wont be much of a drive to 66 isnt it like 10min from orland to 66?

-Shawn

Edit: I figure in another 2-3 weeks we will figure out where to eat.. So it wont seem like the G2G is so far away(time wise), lol

·
18,832 Posts
wow i'm a tard...I was thinking of the wrong track...ha ha (nelsons laugh) hmmm well then yes orland park would be the best choice...I was completely thinking of route 41 down in moroco...phew (right over my head) so in this instance I have no opinion on the eating part :) go where yahs wants...also I had a q...is this night a fast and furious night or are we gonna lok like a bunch of wanna be importers racing muscle cars :) I mean comeon we all know these cars couldn't beat an old badass mustang or camaro or daytona ;)

·
Registered
525 Posts
i think they have everything from stock minivans to all out crazy musclecars...you don't race anyone, i don't think...you just run to get times...

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its not import day or anything but ive been there before and theres a VERY well rounded group of cars. Ya you dont officially race somone its just for testing out your car, But if like 2 of us got together at the tree we would race.

-Shawn

1 - 20 of 99 Posts