Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It ought to stand for Intermittent Keyhead Transmsmitter as it never seems to lock the car on the first try. Don't have much of a problem unlocking the car or opening the trunk. I've tried altering position and distance to no avail. Multiple attempts often result in the unintentional activation of the horn, which is much louder than the confirm/ car finder "chirp" described in the owner's manual. I never had this problem with my last car/ transmitter which reliably locked the car on the first attempt. Anyone else had this problem or discovered a solution?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have noticed this as well. It's not a transmitter range issue, because it does it even when you are right next to the car.

Pressing and holding the lock button (instead of a quick press) seems to help... but it can still take a couple seconds before the car locks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
are you guys talking about the black button on the handle or the fob?

I don't have an issue locking the car with either of these methods. I have had the car less than a week, so maybe it is not broken in yet. =)

·
Registered
254 Posts
are you guys talking about the black button on the handle or the fob?

I don't have an issue locking the car with either of these methods. I have had the car less than a week, so maybe it is not broken in yet. =)
The non-titanium trims have a different key fob and don't have that black area on the door handles since they don't have the intelligent key access system.

For everyone else, the mentioned black square on the front door handles allow you to lock the car by placing your hand/finger on the square. It also works with a stream of water if you have the fob in your pocket.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have noticed this as well. It's not a transmitter range issue, because it does it even when you are right next to the car.

Pressing and holding the lock button (instead of a quick press) seems to help... but it can still take a couple seconds before the car locks.
Thnx Strix--this appears to have solved my problem. I had been conditioned to not hold the lock button down because this would activate the panic alarm on my previous transmitter/ car. Also, there is no mention of holding down the button nor any distinction made between locking and unlocking (regarding delay of release) mentioned in the owner's manual. It's kinda amazing how such a small piece of information can serve to prevent so many numerous instances of frustration. However, I'm certain I would have figured it out in a year or two :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have this issue as well...

having my flip key cut today, it seems that the after market remote works a bit better than the ones that comes with the car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
locksmith...

there is only 1 guy in the city that is able to do it. all dealerships send it away to be done.

25 bucks to have it cut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts