Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a 2002 Focus, SE. Just recently I started to experience difficulties starting the car. I put the key in, and the ignition just won't turn. It isnt the wheel lock, but when I push the key all the way in, then jiggle it alot and VERY slightly pull it out, like 1/16 of an inch, sometimes I can get the ignition to turn and the car starts. Any tips, advice or ideas on what this might be?? Do I need a new key cut, or maybe a tumbler in the ignition??

Thanks SO much for your help and anticipated timely responses!!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
you my friend are experiencing the common problem called frozen ignition

Call Mike at Hilbish Ford or PM him here at ( have your Vin ready) and he will build you an updated ignition
Don't spray anything in the ignition it will cause more problems as it will solve

Actually heres the link to his thread XD it explains all that you will need to know
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124917

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fix it quick before it locks up for good and costs you a bundle for a tow and repair. If it locks up, you will have to drill it out; no fun!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
XD lol I wish I knew about this a while ago my ignition showed NO signs of failure and one night pop there it goes permanent lockout LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts