Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 svtf and had to replace my tps a few time due to aem cai but a few times when i replaced it the hanging revs were still there but no codes came up so my stupid ass kept goin back to auto zone or advanced to get tps thinking there were bad nope way wrong come to find out that there 2 diferent "thin" style tps so to fix it i had to look up the stock tps numbers and order them strait from ford or from c-f-m so if anyone has ever had a prob with tps after replacing one and think they have a major prob with someting else make sure that the numbers match with what ever came stock so you dont blow through money like my dumb ass did

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I've done the same on other parts. It happens. My last screw up was trying to do the front bearings on my own without a press. It cost quite a bit to do it the right way by a mechanic.

·
Registered
210 Posts
ive replaced it once with a advanced one they made sure it was for the svt worked great but then 1 day water got into it again they replaced it free has a 1 year warrenty no problems since the cai is badddd when it rain water falls on it like a water fall get a heat sheld for it will stop water from getting into the filter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts