• buy something else

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I would and did buy something else. The SVTF stickered at $24K and I'm not too sure if the Saleen was on the market when I bought it. I picked up a 4x4 Nissan but didn't care for it so I went shopping again and when I was looking around I checked out the Saleen and ST's. I like the ST but really don't care for having 2 Foci. I opted for a $40K truck instead. The Saleen's in my area were stickered at $26K and I would have to get the brake upgrade putting it at $28K and that's way too much for a Focus. If you can afford $28K for a Focus I'm sure you can stretch and throw down the $32K for an STI or something much better.

·
Registered
168 Posts
For that much you could get a crap load of cars. Some new some old. It would all depend on what you would want. I would stay away from the saleen, waste of money. The moment you put the bottle in you can kiss your warrenty good buy. I cant see spending over $18000 for a car that has a 4 banger & less then 200HP. Now the 4 bangers over $18k I would look at are the SRT-4, WRX, STi, EVO 8 etc..

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
There's no way I'd spend that much buying a Focus. Not when 2004 350Zs and EVO 8s are being sold for $18K or less.

For that much I would buy a 993 Porsche 911. You can almost get a 996 for $28K...

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
everyone dissing the focus likes its a cheap piece.....hmmm. Not me doode, If i had the money, i would get the Saleen simply for the styling. I think that kit rocks. Im really not into the roush. But even just taking a ZX3 and adding to it is awesome. I think the Focus is awesome. Yeah, those other cars are cool, but the focus can hold its own.

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
I bought my SVTF for 10k...man, could you imagine the stuff I could have done with an extra 14,000 bones? [:D]

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I think the SVTF is a great value if you're spending less than about $12K and need to finance the whole thing, but above that I really don't think it's worth it. Especially for friggin $24K. Try to sell that in a couple years and see what you end up with...

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
i would go with the roush and put their turbo kit on it, making it only a weekend car and keep my zx3 that i have now, i dont care how much money i make when i get my Dr. i will always have at LEAST 1 focus sitting at my house, and i dont care what anyone else has to say about it, foci rock!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I would most assuredly buy something else. The "money for a Saleen" would buy any number of other new/used cars that would beat the crap out of the Saleen in performance, looks, build quality, and other areas.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
fokuzx3 said:
i would go with the roush and put their turbo kit on it, making it only a weekend car and keep my zx3 that i have now, i dont care how much money i make when i get my Dr. i will always have at LEAST 1 focus sitting at my house, and i dont care what anyone else has to say about it, foci rock!

Now that the focus luv im talking bout ! forget tha haters! [cheers]

·
Registered
298 Posts
IMHO I would buy a POS ZX3 for like 1 or 2 g's and drop MM's entire engine with a torsen 2 differential and get some 18's, suspension package, Wide body kit, repaint, brake package, and massive interior make-over.

thats what I would do
Don't waste money on a brand new car that costs a butt load when you can buy a really old model that you might be in love with and drop that money right into it. Customizing is the way I go.

But if were talking new cars, I would get a 350z or sti

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I think the SVTF is a great value if you're spending less than about $12K and need to finance the whole thing, but above that I really don't think it's worth it. Especially for friggin $24K. Try to sell that in a couple years and see what you end up with...
I didn't pay anything near that. It's what the sticker list before you throw in A Plan, Focus rebate, military discount, dealer return buyer discount, and trade [;)]

·
Registered
251 Posts
Forget a focus. I'd buy me a 1970 Chevrolet Nova and drop in like 15G's into it. I'd have a cool lookin old car pushing at least 500hp. So tell me again Why you would buy a Focus?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
You could have a V8 Focus for that kind of money.
Used Focus: 6k
Suspension/brackets, ect. installed 10k
Motor/tranny......5-7k 300/300 5spd.
misc1k
22-24k.......and the kind of smile that driving should bring to everyone who owns a car.....
Oh what fun.....

1 - 20 of 53 Posts