Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for all on this forum:

If you got a tune aimed primarily at improved MPG and you drive for good MPG, how much did the tune help you?

Please characterize your stats by type of driving (e.g. city short trips, city longer trips, or highway at what speed, etc.).

Thanks.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I am tuned and I get 24 MPG mixed driving on the new engine.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
FocusSport SRI, OBX 4-2-1 header, 2.5" all the way to the tip.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
the biggest bang for buck in terms of improving MPG:
driving style
slow down cruising speed
improve aerodynamics
LRR tires.
everything else.

tunes, exhausts, CAI, will all likely decrease your MPG.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... tunes ... will ... likely decrease your MPG.
Thanks for your advice on what is likely. I am hoping that anyone who has actual experience with an MPG-purposed tune will provide some data on what is or isn't possible.

I see in the left column that your ZX3 is "built for FSP". What is FSP?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
Na it does work for mpg. Give egbertngr or something is his name a pm.

Go to the focus Xtreme group. He is there.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
If you have good MPG now then a tune isnt going to do a lot if anything for you , if you have other mods or getting bad MPG a tune may help and the datalogging may show you where there is other things that need to be repaired

Tom

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have the mods listed in my sig, and I pull an average of 29.6-30.3 mpg on mainly highway driving. 45 mile trip one way, with a couple stop lights at the highway interchanges. That was a constant MPG number, that was hand calculated over approximately 8 tanks of fuel. That was also running between 75-85 mph on the highway each way.

I'm pretty sure a tune would do me no good considering the MPG I get now, and what I could get if I kept my foot out of it.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Thanks for your advice on what is likely. I am hoping that anyone who has actual experience with an MPG-purposed tune will provide some data on what is or isn't possible.

I see in the left column that your ZX3 is "built for FSP". What is FSP?
FSP = F street prepared. its an autocross class.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts