Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
nice...but for everything he's done to it, it's still a monster truck! it looks goofy at stock height

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
nice...but for everything he's done to it, it's still a monster truck! it looks goofy at stock height
^^ Yeah but, It's not a drag racer, It's a Rally Car. You run around a rally course with Your ass dragging, I promise You'll either need a tow in, or finish dead last.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ correct u need LOTS of suspension travel in a rally car.
Or you'd bottom out, bounce off the gravel, into a tree and die.

If that thing had another 100hp/tq and awd, I'd give my left nut for it.
Or take a second mortgage for it.

O well thought i would share so other wrc fans could drool over it w/ me.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I would convert it to a Track car but that’s just a suspension swap. It’s defiantly a nicely built car.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
hehe, i just looked at that the other day, really nice car, needs some side skirts tho.

·
Registered
921 Posts
yeah if its a roush where are the side skirts and rear
It's clearly a rally car given the suspension and the SCCA decal on the bumper, so they probably took the skirts and rear bumper off and retro-fitted a stock bumper on for clearance and weight savings.
The front bumper remains because of the nice lower opening to fit the FMIC for the turbo kit. It's a well-done race car. I'd love to drop it, stiffen it up and take it on a road course or autocross.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Looks like a fun ride, and you could easily turn it into whatever you wanted.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I think the price is to high at this point, the auction didn’t meat the reserve. People forget once you go to a full out race car like that you Kill the value of the car, unless it a documented winner but even then it’s not worth want has been pit in to it. I would figure that car would be about 30 to 35K to build but only worth 10K on the market. I have seen regional champion spec Miata’s go for 10 to 15 and that includes all the extra parts.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
^^^ That is so true, We put a craptonne of money into our race bikes; and the fun was worth it, but you never get it back out. That car looked well sorted. I will give it that.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah whoever is selling that beautiful car should really know that a car-especially a race car is the WORSE investment possible.

I hoped atleast someone would get it.
Wonder how high the reserve is?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Yeah, you always hope a car like that ends up in the right hands,

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
take care=beat the snot out of it

that car is way to shinny to be a race car, dirt grim and dents add to the patina, once it’s been in the dirt and or hit something then it will be a race car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts