Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i buy a JFA8 chip, would it still work? The guys at RPM Outlet say it should... but i thought id ask here as well..

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
This is for the Diablosport delta chip right ?
They have the JFA7 code listed on their website for available ECU codes.
Can't they burn you a chip with the JFA7 ECU code ?

FYI-
After you buy the chip from them, don't expect any kind of tech support.
RPMOUTLET has good prices and ship very quickly but their tech support is crap.
I'm speaking from experience.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there is a JFA8 chip for sale on these boards for 50 bucks shipped, instead of the 239 from rpm outlet..

thats why i ask, and yes i could get the JFA7 from their website, buf if im gunna save my self 200 bucks and get the same results.......

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
no, they are not the same. If they were they'd have the same number.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thats what i would think, but the RPM guys said it would work.. I will probly just buy a new one.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Oh, you can buy the chip and these guys will reprogram it for you for $35 plus ~$6 for shipping.
They respond to emails within a day if you have any questions about removing the rev or speed limiter and such for your ECU code. Not all ECU codes have the rev and speed limiter raised or removed.
I tried to get RPMOUTLET to reprogram mine since they only charge $22 bucks but they won't answer any email or give me some feedback on turn around when I called.
Telling me to send it in and we will get it out to you when we're done is unacceptable.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If im going to add small mods, like an intake, some rims/tires, maybe a short shifter, and MAYBE an exaust... do i need to reprogram the chip?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Yes. You need to have the chip burned to YOUR ECU code.
You don't need a custom burn though for the mods you have or have listed.
You just need the standard Premium Octane Performance burn. They can make adjustments for your speedo/tire size and raise Rev and speed limiters if avaliable for your code also on the standard burn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hehe... about RPMOUTLET not responding to e-mail -- they screwed up when they shipped my diablo chip -- shipped a diablo Predator unit for the Hummer H2 as well. I always have stuff shipped to my parents place 'cuz UPS blows hard in Chicago. I e-mailed them when the I saw this and they never got back to me before i left town after xmas - so I brought it back to chicago with me. Couple of days ago, my mom called and said UPS was there to pick it up and return it -- but I'm not in Peoria and neither is the package. I e-mailed them again and haven't heard from them yet. I assume they want it back 'cuz it sells for $440, but... damn.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well wait a couple months and if they don't ask for it back... EBAY! lol....

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
If I were you I would deal with a shop nearby where you can get your chip burned. I do not trust that kind of thing to mail order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts