Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't that the saying that bites you in the a$$ ?? I been away for a while now, living life....my Centerforce clutch is finally giving up the ghost. I figure I'll buy another. Started looking around and found Summit Racing has it for less than $400!! WOW! Had card in hand & started to order than heard that little voice in my head...

Went back and looked at it again. Closely this time, not just the price.... noticed the differences in the splines of the two clutch results (Centerforce & Zoom). Centerforce DF238261 said 23 spline and the Zoom said 14 spline. Now I'm no rocket scientist, but how you gonna show 2 different splines for the same application??? Came back to FF to verify (I gotz NO long term memory) the SVTF is 14 spline. [commence cussing].

Called up Summit, they verified, part is correctly priced but should not be coming up for SVT. Correct part is $980...that's more like what I was expecting [:(]

Soooo, anyone got any good or bad to say about Zoom MU72114-1 ??

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
look at CFM i got my clutch and flywheel from them clutchmasters FX350 and AL flywheel
if i remember right it was about $875 for it all

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, will check them out.... half that would be perfect if they sell w/out the flywheel...

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
I was about to say, the price you quoted at $980 sounds as if it were to include the flywheel. Hopefully they have the right part listed for you.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Wow! I spent $75.00 for my CenterForce.

But I have a ZX3

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Why are you replacing everything?
Why not just replace the disc and turn the FW?
Seems to me that you're just throwing good parts away replacing everything. The disc is the only real ware item. So just replace the ware items.
Call CF and get a PN for the disc and buy just that.
IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts