Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I get any extra liberties with my options? Or, is Ford's online Focus "Build & Price" configurator the last word of what can or can't be done? For instance: I want the automatic HVAC in the SE without the MFT, like the base model SEL, but the SEL doesn't have the Sport Package I also crave!! There are other things it won't let me do also, like how the B&P won't let me pick Sonic Blue with Tuscany interior, or like how it won't let me do Blue Candy on a 5-door. Just wondering how picky I can be [hihi]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do I get any extra liberties with my options? Or, is Ford's online Focus "Build & Price" configurator the last word of what can or can't be done? For instance: I want the automatic HVAC in the SE without the MFT, like the base model SEL, but the SEL doesn't have the Sport Package I also crave!! There are other things it won't let me do also, like how the B&P won't let me pick Sonic Blue with Tuscany interior, or like how it won't let me do Blue Candy on a 5-door. Just wondering how picky I can be [hihi]
In 08 when I ordered our Expedition I wanted to get picky and only select certain items and the Ford sales guy I was sitting at the computer with showed me it wouldn't allow it. If you pick one thing then you get the whole package. That was my experience so just find a package that will give you the most you want and then stick with that.

Montana

·
Registered
788 Posts
You are limited to the packages Ford offers with each model. I wish there was a little more Al a Carte available. The items I wanted most were the power seat and Sony sound system and had to order the 303A package to get both. My guess is it is too expensive and a logistical nightmare to offer individual items not in specific packages.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Basically what ever you are allowed to do on the build your own configurator thing is what you can do.
It sucks.. but that's how a lot of features are packaged now

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lots of company offer "convenience", "sport", "luxury", "premium" or whatever else they wanna call them packages.

It helps up sell some features, and put you into a higher price range to get some of the things you want. Otherwise there would be no need for SE, SEL and Titanium trim levels. You would just tweak the S model the way you want it, there would be no way to tell different price ranges.

It helps with the "dumber" consumers, some people wouldn't want to sit through a list of 200 options deciding yes or no on them all.

And it helps with production, a lot simpler to build something if the packages are all plug n play, can you imagine how much effort it would be to add a USB port individually to a car? Now imagine if it was a USB, and a dozen other custom things. It would bog down production.

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
bleh. the power seat wasn't worth it imho. it's slow and doesn't offer anything you couldn't do (faster) manually. i wouldn't have minded saving a few bucks and skipping it. it doesn't have any "memory" either.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The only thing I wish I had in my Ti that was in the 401 package is the auto dimming mirror. Thats it. I dont want the power seats, or the leather, and definitely not the auto wipers.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wish our packages were more like Canada's. I would have liked to be able to get the tech in the 302A package without being forced to get leather seats.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Best advice, go into the dealership, tell them what you want and put it in the order bank to see what it will and will not allow. That's what I did when I went in and ordered my 5dr Titanium, got exactly what I wanted! [wrenchin]

·
Registered
492 Posts
The only thing I wish I had in my Ti that was in the 401 package is the auto dimming mirror. Thats it. I dont want the power seats, or the leather, and definitely not the auto wipers.
you could get an aftermarket one for under $100 on ebay.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all of the responses! Is color choice a different story though? Because even though the configurator won't let me choose candy blue with the hatchback, I see many pictures posted with exactly that.

Example (thanks Crazy_Man):

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for all of the responses! Is color choice a different story though? Because even though the configurator won't let me choose candy blue with the hatchback, I see many pictures posted with exactly that.
Hmmm that is strange as I just went on Ford.com and I can select the Candy Blue with any package, Just adds $395.00 to the price.

Montana

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't know what the deal is then.

looks like in their infinite wisdom ford has decided Sports package + SE 5-door + blue candy = evil

If it makes you feel any better, I really wanted arctic white with blue candy, and was annoyed I couldn't do that either.

I understand trim levels, and requiring certain levels for certain things. I even understand minimum levels for certain colors. However, I'll never understand certain colors not compatible with certain options (such as sport blue candy, or blue candy with arctic white). I can't imagine it adds much overhead...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts