Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, have been stalking this forum a long time and reading lots of build threads to come up with my ideas. Moved to San Antonio for the Military and my wife and I bought our first car together. Wanted a fun economical yet sporty looking car that we could drive around in the city. Went with the hatchback and a shift-able automatic so I can "make believe" and my wife can still enjoy the car. Hope you guys like what I've done so far, and any future tips on mods would be great!

Stock.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94161&stc=1&d=1421547937

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flowmaster

The next mod on the list was a Flowmaster 80 series crossflow muffler. I chose this one only because I wanted the look of two tail pipes.

I love the sound it added, a quiet deep rumble. I left the piping leading to the muffler stock because I didn't want the car to be too loud driving onto base.

I love how it doesn't sound raspy what so ever and have a hard time noticing any in cabin noise unless I want to. Had to cut in to the muffler and get chrome tips for looks.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94201&stc=1&d=1421548814

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plasti dip

With headlights being on the way I wanted to go with some smoked headlights to contribute to that "blacked out" look. Texas doesn't allow film or night shade to be added to the head lights or tail lights so that is why I had to go the more expensive route.

The wife helped out again, it is really great to have her so enthusiastic about helping me with the car. [:)]

Blacked out the whiskers, removed the "SE" blacked out the rear reflectors on the bumper.http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=94225&stc=1&d=1421549088

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so far so good

Both in, wife did one I did one. I like this guy's Subaru but hate how he always parks it next to my car and makes it look bad... [mecry] haha 20150108_162050.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks good man. Really like the looks of the exhaust. Headlights and taillights are nice also. Did you just paint the turn signals in the mirrors? I personally like the wheels you have on it now just as they are. One thing that looks nice is to color match the side skirts and rear valance. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quick progress!

I put a tinted plate cover on teh front of mine anyway. I couldn't stand the look of the white plate on the black grille.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Looks like some great mods so far. Car looks great. Where in SA are you? I'd like to check out the tails and headlights. How is the output on the headlights?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
West side, the headlights are actually a little disappointing, more directional but really aren't bright what so ever, might need better bulbs. Need some whiter ones anyways to match the fog lights and led brow

1 - 20 of 26 Posts