Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good one for everyone. i recently installed an AEM short ram intake and now it seems i have a little bit of a problem. Well one thing is that when im at stop lights or when i brake hard it seems like the idling gets gets all messed up what it does is that it will when im idling regularly it sits usually between 750 and 1000 rpm and it will drop then surge up then drop really low and surge really high. i have checked the maf sensor and it seems to be fine i took my car into ford and had the latest recall done with the fuel pump and it seemed like that fixed but a couple of days later it started again. Im baffled and dont know what else to do cuz its getting really freaking annoying. the other thing is that ever since i installed the intake it seems like my engine has been louder, not so much with the sucking in of air on hard acceleration but when im idling it sounds like the engine is ticking i guess would be the best way of putting it. it sounds like my fuel injectors or my fuel rail but it is frickin loud i can even hear it with the windows rolled up. so if anyone has any input i would really appreciate it.

thanks yet again
Ricky

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
My car does the idling part of that, and I havent got it fixed yet.

·
Registered
919 Posts
You know, If Im sitting at a light and I mash the brake pedel down my RPM's kinda get higher but go back down to where they were. Its done that since I bought the car. I guess its normal. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as it doesnt start stalling out. If it does that then you deffinately need to address that issue. Might be an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
481 Posts
mconrada ever get your car dynoed? also whats the 1/4 time if you dont mind me asking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts