Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 ford focus,can anyone tell me why is it that when i put my car in reverse or drive it take off with out even touching the pedal....

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Automatic transmission cars do that, that's why they put an interlock on them these days so you HAVE to have your foot on the brake just to put it in gear....

NOW, plz tell us what UNUSUAL is happening with yours, and any other info., like how long it's been happening, anything else that happens at the same time etc. so we can try to help you...

Take Care...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats pretty much all that is ging on and its been doing it for bout a week now...i can start the car up put it in reverse or drive and let off the brake and it just start moving on its on also i have no check engine on it all............i was wounder if it had some to do with the throttle

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
What's the car's idle speed? Could it be something as simple as cooler weather is causing the idle speed during warm up to be higher (as designed)?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
When you get a tuner SCT thing you can do a few things with the tune to sort of customize the tune.

One of the settings you can play with is "idle speed in neutral" and "idle speed in drive" i think its for racing or something.

You can chose from i think 500rpms up

I noticed when i got mine it felt like it had a high idle and would pull in drive. I didnt like it so i slowly dropped the idle speed. At about 5-600rpms the speed is so slow the tranny doesnt pull which i liked alot.

What sucks is the engine in my car shakes so bad at 5-600 rpms the engine seems likw its about to die and the whole car rattles. It sounds like the car is about to fall apart.

My car likes between 800-1000 rpms and it just purrs. Ide much rather have a smooth idle then a slower one that sounded like my car was about to vibrate to death.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts