·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so..my car has been giving mecrap.
dies after ignition.
holds no idle.
this just started happening.
why after me adjusting the idle screw is it better.

i dont have FP issue cause it would cut out on loads if that were the case.
its not a spark issie iether cause that would give bad perf regardless.

as i said it idles better
does anyone have a clue as to whta is going on.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
If it's like my POS then it's a bad TPS -> http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170657

I guess I didn't realize it but my shift light should have set me off to the issue, activates at random times it seems.
I had numerous vacuum leaks, fix one to reveal another. Seems my ECU learned the poor values and compensated for them. Over the last few days I've drove 60 miles or so and it's come back most of the way to "normal". Some of my issue may be the fact that I am not running the SVT TPS or IAC, like I guess your supposed to (I did the DSI swap).
Dummest part is, like I mention in my thread, I tested live data of the old one and it registered throttle angle % like it should, just weird I guess.

Oh, and I found that taking the IAC off and letting it sit overnight filled with Armor All seems to work better than just carb cleaner, carb cleaner to clean the gunk out though. Seems the carb cleaner dries the o-rings too much and they just don't seal quite right. I also tried shooting some Liquid Wrench with PTE (greenish can) down there to lube it. lol smells like AV gas when it burns, total fake out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill check out the tps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts