Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine (I SWEAR ITS NOT ME) met a bunch of fellow employees at the mall so they could carpool to a training course out of town. Well, he was in a hurry, and to make a long story short, he left his 2001 Focus idleing all day long! It was still running when he got back. The heater had been on all day long, so it was really freakin hot in there, but otherwise no other problems.

However, about a day later, he noticed there was some oil leakage around the valve cover, and the smell of the oil burning. It has since stopped leaking.

Obviously, the car "took care of itself" the whole day -- the radiator fan probably cycled about a hundreds of times though.

What long-term damage, if any, could result from a full day of idling? This is really just a curiosity question.

Again, I SWEAR it wasn't really me.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA it was you...lol just kidding.... there shouldnt be any issure with the car, other than he might have wasted some gas.... the valve cover leakage is normal for foci? is it not? ne who.. sucks to be him....lol

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
The longest I've ever idled my car was for two hours while I waited for the locksmith to jimmy my car open for me. The stupid thing was I did have my spare with me, but it was inside my coat pocket in the backseat. That really sucked a bag of d!cks.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
[rofl] thats a stoner moment if I ever heard one....and if he wasnt baked, he should have been.

But I cant see how that would cause any issue at all.

How did he lock up the car with his keys in it and running? or was it unlocked the whole time?

I live in the Springs, just wondering where he left it parked all this time.

·
Registered
538 Posts
If I was him, I would just be happy it was still there when he got back.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't ask him if it was locked or unlocked -- I should ask him just for kicks. He left the car up at Chapel Hills mall. I told him he was pretty lucky it was still there waiting for him.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Pretty safe place for it...Chapel Hills mall is in an ok area....now down on South academy or south circle, that thing would have a better chance of disappearing.

You and your buddy should come out May 6th for our G2G....
http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82458

we have a crew from down here rolling up together.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I would say lack off gas would be your only problem mabe some fluides might need to be changed sooner

Say Hi to cheech for me

Logan

·
Registered
613 Posts
chapel hills mall, wow I haven't heard of that place in years,
I used to live there in the summers, I remember that place
small world

·
Registered
459 Posts
Last year during the winter I got home stressed and tired from work, parked the car in front of the house on the street and locked it manually.(Old 87 jetta TD)
Next morning my dad told me I left it running all night long.
I loved the MPG's on that old fart of a car, it barely wasted any diesel.
lol

This reminds me of coming home and taking a piss in the kitchen garbage can and only realizing it, half way through tilting my head back hahahahahaha.
Being exhausted is worse then being intoxicated some times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts