Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey recently my 2009 Focus SES automatic has been shaking/vibrating when I'm idle, both in park and in drive. It's not continuous, rather it shakes roughly every 10-15 secs or so; consistently. The tachometer always dips, I believe, about a hundred RPMs and quickly jumps up about two hundred RPMs, and then finally evens out. I want to say that in between these drops, the RPMs go up and down but only slightly, barely reads on the tacho. Distributor? Fuel pump? Spark plugs? Not a car expert, in fact a complete novice. Any info would be great! Thanks!

P.S. ran a health report and it picked up nothing but I know this is an issue - something like this happened with my old Ford truck but I don't remember what it was.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey recently my 2009 Focus SES automatic has been shaking/vibrating when I'm idle, both in park and in drive. It's not continuous, rather it shakes roughly every 10-15 secs or so; consistently. The tachometer always dips, I believe, about a hundred RPMs and quickly jumps up about two hundred RPMs, and then finally evens out. I want to say that in between these drops, the RPMs go up and down but only slightly, barely reads on the tacho. Distributor? Fuel pump? Spark plugs? Not a car expert, in fact a complete novice. Any info would be great! Thanks!

P.S. ran a health report and it picked up nothing but I know this is an issue - something like this happened with my old Ford truck but I don't remember what it was.
Hi Spliiit,

I'd be guessing if I tried to determine why your Focus is vibrating, so I recommend visiting your local dealer so they can figure out why it is occurring. Since you are a novice at car repair, they will be in the best position to diagnose it accurately. [:)] Have a great evening!

~Natasha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the advice; been trying to avoid that at all costs! But you're right, I'd be doing myself a favor by just letting them handle it. I moved, used to use Kelly Ford (best dealership ever)[clap], and now I have Coggin Ford which has been a nightmare to work with (great staff but they constantly order wrong parts, if they even remember to order them to begin with!)[V] lol.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Appreciate the advice; been trying to avoid that at all costs! But you're right, I'd be doing myself a favor by just letting them handle it.
Hey Spliiit,

I understand your reluctance to visit the dealer, as it is no one's idea of fun! But they will try to make it as easy as possible. [:)] I love your description of Kelly Ford, and hope that Coggin Ford can improve their part ordering process! Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Have a terrific day!

~Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts