Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just bought a 2003 Wagon SE with 2.0L SOHC SPI and i got some idling problems.

Had the A/C clutch engage disengage engage problem... unplugged A/C compressor due to a leak on it anyways.
I just noticed that when i put the knob to defrost or defrost/feet position, my car's idle is higher than usual ( how high i don't know no RPM meter )
I noticed it especialy when driving.... at 50Km/h i can get off the gas pedal and the car will maintain it's speed juste like it had Cruise control, but it DON'T have it ! as soon as i turn the knob to any other oposition than defrost or defrost/feet position the car starts to slow down. If i turn it back to defrost or defrost/feet, it will re-maintain speed. Also, when just stepping on the gas a little after a Stop sign, i can basiacly just let the gas pedal go again and it will slowly accelerate to roughly 63 km and then stall there..

If i put the knob on any other position it will behave normaly.

Strange feeling to brake when the car tries to keep on going. Once at a complete stop the idle drops back to normal.

Anyone got a idea?? BTW, it will do this with the fan at any speed 0-4

Thanx a Lot!

[ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
That might stop if you plug the compressor back in, and remove either the AC diode, or the AC relay. The AC should run on DEF, and DEF/Floor combination. It does that regardless of the temperature position because AC systems remove moisture from the air and that will prevent the windshield from fogging in rain. Since the car thinks that the AC compressor is on because everything else in the AC system is working, it bumps the idle as it would normally during AC usage. The only difference is that the AC is not dragging the engine down, and so the idle is up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx,
Makes sense :)
Will look into pulling the fuse for the A/C and see if that changes anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts