Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have replaced the valve cover gasket, wires and plugs. The problem is at idle it shakes and vibrates horrendously in drive or neutral. If I put it in neutral or park and let it idle it gets worse and sometimes even stalls. I'm at a loss here of what to replace next.... I heard that it might be the motor mounts..? I'm going to replace the fuel filter and battery in the next few weeks and see what that does, do you guys have any other suggestions??

Thanks!!

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
Yes I do... spend some money on a scan tool and stop wasting it on things that wont fix the problem
See if a local member has a xcal so you can do a datalog and see what the problem is

it wouldnt be valve cover gasket , engine mounts , batt , fuel filter

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I've been meaning to get a scanner tool, but the check engine light isn't on at all... I know the light is working because it was on before I replaced the gasket

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
The CEL not on doesnt mean you dont have problems , as you know , the xcal also has a scan tool that can check every sensor on the car and there is a 90% chance its a sensor issue

Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if I go out and buy an ODBII scanner for 100$, I'm assuming that won't scan all of the sensors correct? Oh and I forgot to mention that when I put it in park the idle goes below 500 and the battery light flickers for about a half a second.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts