Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 focus and just recently i have noticed that when i am stopped at a light or just sitting idling it wants to stall out this doesn't happen all the time it comes and goes it idles normaly than it would drope to stalling but doesn't stall out it picks itself back up to norm so i can't figure it out any clues Thanks all

·
Registered
57 Posts
sounds like an IAC valve about to go. Seen it alot on fords. I've replaced them before on foci when I worked at ford. next its acting up on you like in your driveway tap on the IAC, if the idle picks up then theres your problem

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pretty common as long as you are not throwing a light its all good. But if it bothers you that much check your intake for leaks, vacuum hoses, spark plugs and wires.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i have a 01 zx3 and i have kinda the same prob, it is usually after driving hard.
do you guys think it is the IAC motor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its not that it is driven hard its an 03 with about 80000 k .So once it warms up here i will look into it more.Thats probadly my problem than thanks all. I will also check for leaks, vacum hoses and plugs also thanks alot all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts