Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a 2003 ZX3 with the 2.0 motor and manual transmission. My sig shows my mods so far. My problem is the last mod I did. I had a 2 inch by 9 inch glass pack replace the factory muffler. The resonator after the catalytic converter that normally sits under the tranny is not there on mine. The rear resonator was removed and replaced with piping and a tip to finish it off. My question is, after this mod, it seems to idle at around 1200 RPM then drop to 750 after I put it in neutral. Before, it would just drop to 750. Too much flow? After the engine warms up, it seems to do better. It just feels like the butterfly is sticking whereas before the mod it did not. Please help. I will post pictures today.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
how long before the engine warms up? in other words, how long is it doing this? doesn't sound like anything major.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, it does it until the engine warms up (15-20 minutes). But it did not do this before. Well, it doesn't seem like a mojor deal. I will ask at work tomorrow (I work as an alarm tech at a local Ford Dealer). I just thought you guys might have heard of it before.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now that it is colder my car Idles at 1200 till it warms up.It doesn't take long 2-3 min. Don't most idle a little high right after you start them up when they're cold?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
1200 at start is a little high my car idles at 1k when it's cold and around 700-800 when warmed up. As i've found not all cars are the same so don't worry about it

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ok maybe my car is the wierd one lol

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
holy cow ... it usually only takes a minute or two for the engine to warm up... now if your talkin about get HOT thats a different story. if you push hard for 15 to 20 minutes itll be nice and hot for ya.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
yah no crapzarelli...my car takes like not even 5 min to heat up...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts