Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll give you a breif history. Hard ran, the car stalled on the wife, pulled the plugs, no water, pulled the MAF sensor and cleaned it, pulled the TPS off and poured water out, and dried it.

Now the RMP's stick. She said it did not do it on her when she went to work this morning, but on the way home, when you push the clucth in, what ever RPM it was running, it would stay there. You have to put it in first gear, let off the clucth to bring them back.

Should I check for vaccum leaks, or should I replace the TPS? What else should I be checking? I need help before the wife kicks my butt.

Also no Enigne Light

·
Registered
220 Posts
If i may have your VIN it will make the process alot easier you can PM it to me if you feel more safe with that. And if you can just Summarize your problem to maybe LACK OF POWER, SURGE something of that sort. Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a lack of power, the car still runs great. The RPM's stick. If the shift from 1st to 2nd @ 3000 RPM's, press the clucth, it stays @ 3000 RPM's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was just saying that as an example but like i said PM your VIN and i will check it out for you tommorow. Its late and im going to bed. But i will get back at you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you had water in your TPS, I would say that its a good bet that it needs replacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts