Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 focus that i did a motor swap it had a 2.0 sohc and i put a 2.0 dohc in it. i got it in and running but it does not idle when i start it the car starts right up but starts reving with out touching the gas does anyone have any suggestions of what it might be?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Probably a vacuum issue, check throttle, IM and all lines including the brakes, PCV and IAC.

Edit: just thought about the TPS, try use a voltmeter, it should read, if I'm not wrong, .85-1.00.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats kinda what i was thinking thought i had them all hooked up right but guess ill hav to double check them thanks

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
I had that happen to me once with a Honda install- anyone? Anyone?

Throttle cable routing. You wouldn't think the cable would bind, but it did. You might want to check some Zetec engine compartment pictures to see if you have the correct cable routing.

Double check the throttle plate position, and remove and clean that IACV. Make sure you have full range of motion with your IAC- you can use a Q-tip to push it down. If the edges of the plunger look ragged- replace the IAC.

This thread should be in the engine swap forum. People who have done the swaps might be able to help you out more than us repair hounds. I'm going to move it there, and leave a link in this forum for a couple of weeks. You should get an answer soon- we have several who have made the swap successfully.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts