Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....turn up the volume and listen to the rumble. You can feel it too if you are equipped with a sub...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/E1F3663D-0900-4F9D-B8A4-7853D14A2347.htm

This vid is to show my af ratio at idle....towards the end, notice the change in tone and the drop in af ratio (goes off the board past 17.1). a) is that ok, b)I just loaded the tune, so is it just learning?

At WOT Im at 12.5 to 13.2 right where my car likes it...I need more timing advance though...doesnt have the ass it used to from a dead dig..

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
p.s. Its around 14.7ish now, so I figure it was just learning, but it still falls off from time to time...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Mine does it all the time. The biggest reason it falls off past lean is because there is usually not enough gas to be pushed past the sensor if you have it far enough away, like mine is in my 2nd bung, then yea it wont read cuz not enough air being pushed thru motor TO read.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...but my Hypnotic tuned read 14.7 all the time...this tune does too, but then it settles, as the video shows...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's a thought but I have no way to substantiate it. Mybe A/F doesn't matter at idle, at least as much as it matters at WOT or near-WOT. Under load such as WOT, A/F is critical, that we all know. At idle, under no load, maybe the tollerances are more loose. As I think back, I've never heard of a destroyed engine from detonation occuring at idle, it's always because of a lean condition under load or WOT.

Like I said, just a thought, not sure if there is any truth to it or not. Exhaust sounds nice Russ.[thumb]

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I figure not enough fuel would stall it out...I figure its fine. Plus, it sounds evil, all cammed out.

I'll get a day time shot/ video...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts