Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it is POURING down raining flood warning, tornado warning, it sucked so I am driving my girl back to her car (at Lamar University like 10 minutes from were we were) after our date. Well we are on the highway doing probably about 50 all of a sudden a light comes on (on left side of the dash the second one above the check engine light) and my gauge cluster completely shuts off. No more speedo, tach, or anything just a very dim glow. My radio stops making music and the light on it goes very dim. I had my wipers going as fast as they would then they started going slower that the slowest setting. I did not notice that my HIDs or Fog lights dimmed. It stayed like that for a couple minutes, I reved the motor up close to red line multiple times, and no effect. I stopped waited a minute, reved again and it all started working properly again. Well any ideas what it might have been?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I agree with checking for water intrusion. Might not be a bad alt or anything drastic - you were in a bad storm, it's possible one big splash came up under the car in just the right way to cause belt slippage (alternator not spinning=no power generated) or another transient symptom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts