Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was transporting a friend to the airport, and he apparently burned my seat with his cigarette [bigcry]

Now I have a beautiful hole on the pad of the passenger seat. [scream]

I was looking around on fordparts.com and it looks like just the pad is around $200 -- is that what I need? I cant make heads nor tails of the options available for the front seat cushion pad...

Seat Cushion Pad
Less Temp Control Driver Seat Less Temp Control Passenger Seat With High Back Front Seats ; Pur / Lux (H-C), Rack / Gecko (H-C); LH (Front)
Is that for my car? Does it come with the upholstery on it, or is that separate and what I need... Is this even something I can do myself??? Or do I ask the dealer to rip me off...

I am so pissed at my friend right now [hatchet][bash][?|]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man that sucks. I've told everyone NO smoking in the car. I smoke the "other stuff" and I dont even do that.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Wow dude, sorry to hear![80?]

The only thing that'll be allowed in my new fofo is the clothes on the back of what the person's wearing, that's it!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Years ago i used to smoke. i set my blouse on fire while driving ...
Lucky it did not burst into flames. But it did smolder very large holes into itself.
Lucky i stopped smoking...
Feel for you. And yes you probably will have to get a dealer parts dept involved to replace the cusion cover.
You might try one of the on-line Ford retailers...
I personally, from experience with my 13 year stint with the Ford Contour SVT would really like to buy a spare pair of the seat covers for the driver seat.
PS buy it while the car is being manufactured. Once out of production,(or even those particular seats..) the odd parts like seats etc will quickly dry up, and then only junkyards will have the parts.. maybe.

·
Registered
472 Posts
NO ONE smokes in my car. not my GF, my best buddy, or any relative. EVER.

I personally, from experience with my 13 year stint with the Ford Contour SVT would really like to buy a spare pair of the seat covers for the driver seat.
PS buy it while the car is being manufactured. Once out of production,(or even those particular seats..) the odd parts like seats etc will quickly dry up, and then only junkyards will have the parts.. maybe.
Excellent advice. I have a mystichrome cobra that has mystichrome seat inserts, you cannot buy them anymre nor can you have it fabricated anymore. when these wear out I will have to use something else. it will suck. I should have bought a spare set of front covers at least while it was still in production.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Take it to the stealership and ask them. They can at least help you isolate which part you need. If you don't like what they tell you you can always take it to another dealer.

I'm another follower of the no smoking rule.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Social commentary aside, I would be sending said "friend" the bill for any repairs either You or the dealership do. Then I'd threaten to kick Him in the jimmy if He thought He was gonna smoke in My car again.[nutkick]

You can always buy the part the Service Adviser at Your dealer says You need, and if You feel like You're in over Your head they should be more than willing to do the job, knowing it's an OEM part and all.

Good luck on the repair and the jimmy kicking.[thumb]

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm a Joker and I'm a smoker; but not in my car.

The smoke damage itself (seeping into the seats and the carpet, etc) is enough to lower your trade-in value. Burn holes are in a category all their own.

Keep pens out of your rear pockets too.

Hell, just frisk everyone who tries to enter your ride!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Then I'd threaten to kick Him in the jimmy if He thought He was gonna smoke in My car again.[nutkick]

Good luck on the repair and the jimmy kicking.[thumb]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^GOOD ADVISE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I get mad if someone sits in her that smells like smoke because I am hyper sensitive to odors.

I hate the new car smell also, how do I get rid of that?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I hate the new car smell also, how do I get rid of that?
put a dead fish under the back seat ... new car smell will be gone in just a day or two.

Or find yourself a small pile of doggie doo to step in .. that would do it right away

·
Registered
198 Posts
You should be able to buy just the seat cover from Ford. I always use Steve at Tousley Ford for oem parts which he sells at 10% over cost.

As for doing the work it is actually pretty easy, you will need a pair of "hog pullers", they are just open round pieces of wire that you close with these pliers.

You will need to pull the passenger seat from the car then separate the bottom from the top, after that take photo's then remove and replace the bottom cushion.

I did quite a few on a 86 fiero that i restored and on a civic that i made custom seats for.

you can also take the burned bottom with new cover to any upholstery shop who will charge you an hour labour to replace.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My girlfriends smokes and I dont and at first i didnt let her smoke in my car. but one day I caved in and it smelled of smoke and I lost my new car smell. She isnt smoking it it again![spank] Ill trade you for that new car smell again if you dont want it haha

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, it bothers me that much, so I will take all advise...
Start Smoking
Dead Fish under seat
Dog Crap
All to be started today, I'll video the results of me vomiting on the front seat, which might add to the removal efforts of that disgusting new car smell!
Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
To get rid of smells.. Try a little spray of Febreze odor remover. It really kills off odors, not just mask them. just a trace into the floormats. a few times should be enough if you want no smell

1 - 19 of 19 Posts