Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used the cupholder for the first time in my SE. It's quite inconvenient. I have a stick shift and the cup really gets in the way. Any ideas for a mod to have a cupholder in a better location?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Well I dunno about actually holding a drink, but I have a molded rubber stand that sits in the cupholder and holds my zune hd. It works phenomenally well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've felt they would be fine if it was just about 2 inches or so deeper. Same with the side pocket.

I currently have a small shammy that holds my thermos into the back cupholder.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
In myy previous Ford i stuck a bicycle waterbottle holder on each side of the center console. As close to the edge of the seat as i thought anyone would move the seat forward to.
They were great. Never in the way, and always ar hand.
Perfect.
I would mount one on the passenger side edge that runs up the center console from alongside the manual transmission shift lever, to the Radio. the edge sticks out just right for one straight on the edge. However, i have to think about it before damaging the area permenently with screwing in the thing.
The Focus has such a huge dash expanse outin front of the driver and front passenger i would think someone would come up with a use for that area...
Added: looking at the interior of my Focus:
the door cubby bin could have a bicycle bottle clip added to the front edge
Both sides of the middle bin in the rear seat area could add two Bicycle clips for bottles
The passenger side of the center console... might even handle two clips...(the driver side is too wide)
As I mentioned i really need to think about how to do, and if i can think of 'afterwards' when i sell the car, to cover the holes. *and even if i can get inside to use a bolt and nut vs a screw.
Any holder for the driver has to be easy to reach and replace the bottle without taking eyes off the road. Any other placement is folly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts